2.  Capability Planning Focuses on:
◦ The planning, engineering, and deliver y of strategic
business capabilities to the enterprise
◦ Capability-based planning frames all phases of the
architecture development in the context of business
outcomes, clearly linking the IT vision, architectures and
the Implementation and Migration Plans with the corporate
strategic, business, and line of business plans.
◦ Capability-based planning is a powerful mechanism to
ensure that the strategic business plan drives the enterprise
from a top-down approach.
3. •Dimensions Straddle the corporate functional Portfolios
•Every Organisation has a different but similar set of dimensions
4. The capabilities are directly derived from the corporate strategic plan by
the corporate strategic planners that are and/or include the enterprise
architects and satisfy the enterprise goals, objectives, and strategies.
5.  TOGAF Version 9, The Open Group
Architecture Framework (TOGAF), 2009