What is Social Learning?Social media tools for use in L&DPredictions – the workplace of the future
4 categories of Social Media tools that can be used for Learning.Starting from top – Tools to improve productivityTo your right – Content environment where you can find, add and share contentBelow is -Co-creating environment.Last is Online communities where you can build networks, microblog and share updates.
The Centre for Learning & Performance Technologies does survey every year for the top 100 social media tools for learning, here are their top 10 for 2011.
Presenter Text Polling NotesExplain what’s going on“Now I’m going to ask for your opinion. You’ll use your phones to respond just like on American Idol. So please take out your cell phones, but remember to leave them on silent.”“You’ll participate by sending a text message. If you don’t know how to do that, just ask your kids! Or have your neighbor help you figure it out.”Address their concerns“This is a just standard rate text message, so it may be free for you, or up to twenty cents on some carriers if you do not have a text messaging plan.”“The service we are using is serious about privacy. We cannot see your phone numbers, and you’ll never receive follow-up text messages outside this presentation. There’s only one thing worse than email spam – and that’s text message spam because you have to pay to receive it!”Use a demo or practice pollFor example, a Free Text Poll like “Let’s Practice: Text in your first name!”Always test your polls in your presentation before your event using the computer that will be projecting your presentation, especially if that computer is not the one you’re currently using.Press F5 or enter presentation mode to view the poll\r\nIn an emergency during your presentation, if the poll isn't showing, navigate to this link in your web browser:\r\nhttp://www.polleverywhere.com/multiple_choice_polls/MjA5MzQ2OTM5OQIf you like, you can use this slide as a template for your own voting slides. You might use a slide like this if you feel your audience would benefit from the picture showing a text message on a phone.
1. Easy Social Learning SolutionsMarie Sanguinetti, Talent Management at Jarden Consumer Solutions
2. Social Learning Landscape
3. Social Media Tools
4. Top 10 Social Tools for Learning 2011Ranking Tool Name Type Cost 1 Twitter Collaboration/Microblogging F 2 You Tube Media Sharing/Video F 3 Google Docs Content/Collaboration F 4 Skype Collaboration/Productivity F/C 5 Wikipedia Content Environment F 6 Facebook Collaboration/Social F 7 Moodle Content/Course F Creation/Management 8 Prezzi Content/Presentation/Cloud F 9 Wordpress Content/Collaboration Blogging F 10 Poll Everywhere Collaboration/Polls F
5. Prezzi(Infographic courtesy of futureworkplace)
7. From “The 2020 Workplace” by Jean Meister
8. Contact Information @mariesanguinett firstname.lastname@example.org