2. Take a careful look to the Indo-Europeanlanguage family tree.
3. Why to learn a newlanguage is important & why at an early age?
4. To gain an accent-free pronunciation. To absorb a language without translation. To enhance cognitive development. To improve academic performance. To gain values such as cultural awareness, respect for self & others.
5. Children in foreign language programs have tended to demonstrate greater cognitive development, creativity, and divergent thinking than monolingual children. Several studies show that people who are competent in more than one language outscore those who are speakers of only one language on tests of verbal and nonverbal intelligence.http://www.ncssfl.org/papers/index.php?rationale
6. Speaking foreign languages may also help protect our memory.“The American Academy of Neurology”.
7. What are the top XIIlanguages spoken in the world?
8. What languages arespoken in the U.S?
9. What languages arespoken at home in the U.S?
10. How many Spanishspeaking countries are in the world?
11. What about the worldwide Spanishspeaking population?
12. How do people in theworld feel about learning a foreign language?
13. I hope this information wasuseful & to keep in mind of the benefits of learning a new language. Thanks for your time! Ms. Polo-Sanchez
14. REFERENCES American Academy of Neurology: http://www.aan.com/press/index.cfm?fuseaction=release.view&release=905 Cognitive benefits of learning language: http://www.actfl.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=4724 http://www.ncssfl.org/papers/index.php?rationale Spanish Language Images & Graphs: http://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=ii