2. Location Ecuador is a country located in the northwestern part of South America. The capital of Ecuador is Quito. It is bordered by Colombia on the north, Peru on the east and south, and by the Pacific Ocean to the west. The country also includes the Galápagos Islands in the Pacific, about 1,000 kilometres (620 mi) west of the mainland.
3. HistoryThe first known records of human settlement in what is now Ecuador are about 12,500 years ago. Vestiges of the Paleo-Indian in El Inga, Las Vegas, Chobsi, and cave paintings Cubilán Amazon.The pre-Hispanic history is divided into periods known as Paleoindian, Formative, Regional Development, Integration and Inca. During the training period was found using the ceramic, and the Valdivia culture of the candidates to have the oldest pottery in the Americas. Also in this period a large number of domesticated plants, probably due to the great biological diversity and climate in the region
4. provincesThe Ecuadorian territory is divided into 24 provinces, which are divided into cantons, they are divided into parishes, which in turn are divided into urban or rural.
5. GeographyEcuador is on the terrestrial equator so their territory is found in both hemispheres. Comprises two areas distant from each other: the northwest mainland of South America with some islands off the coast and on islands or Galapagos island province, which lies 1000 km from the coast of Ecuador in the Pacific Ocean
6. Relife The main relief units are Ecuadorian coastal plain north of the Gulf of Guayaquil, the section of the Andes in the center of the country and a large section of the Amazon basin located east of the country. To the southwest lies the Gulf of Guayaquil, Guayas River where it empties into the Pacific Ocean. Very close to Quito, the capital, on the Andes, lies the Cotopaxi, the highest active volcano in the world. The point is Ecuadors highest volcano Chimborazo, 6313 m and whose summit is the farthest from the core of the earth due to the elliptical shape of the planet.
8. Climate Each climate zone has only two seasons: wet and dry, erroneously called "winter" and "summer" respectively, as in other regions of the globe where their sites close to the equator, no real winters occur and summers.
9. Both the East Coast and in the temperature ranges between 20 ° C and 33 ° C, while in the mountains, it is usually between 8 ° C and 26 ° C. The wet season extends from December to May on the coast, from November to April in the mountains and from January to September in the Amazon. Galapagos has a temperate climate and good temperature ranges between 22 and 32 ° C, approximately.
10. Flora and faunaIt has a rich fauna and flora which is within the list of diverse countries. Indeed, the forest biome and tropical forest extends for most of its territory, while in the west, adjacent to the coast, is also the dry forest biome of mangroves.
11. Language The official language and intercultural relations is Spanish, with quirks and idioms of each area or region. Quichua, Shuar, the tsáfiqui and "other ancestral languages are for official use for indigenous peoples, in the terms established by law".
12. Music Ecuador has a variety of musical styles popular both indigenous and foreign influence. Among the highlights local musical genres mixed rhythms as the parade, the corridor yaraví, preemptive strike, bolero, fife, Afro like bomba, marimba, salsa, guaracha, mambo, indigenous rhythms as the Andean Folk music sanjuanito . Of foreign influence genres like pop, rock, merengue, salsa, vallenato, bachata, ska, electronic music, dance, reggae, heavy metal, punk, hip-hop.
14. Gastronomy Gastronomy of Ecuador is very diverse, this is because within four natural Regines are coastal, mountain east and insular region. Some of the popular dishes are fish soup seafood, fish ceviche, corviches, muffins, casseroles, fish stew with peanut encocado, etc.. A typical dish from the coast is called Fish Stew.
15. Ecuador is a major exporter of bananas, so this represents an important element in the food, especially on the coast. There are three main varieties of bananas, the three most important being: green bananas, ripe plantain and bananas. The plantains should be cooked before being eaten.
16. The vegetables are present in different forms, rice, green or ripe bananas, cassava, or peanut sauce roasted and ground. Corn is usually eaten in the popular corn tortillas known , cook the corn in water and salt, and eat porridge with cheese. Like beans, which accompany many of their dishes. The mashed potatoes or serve as a basis for dishes like llapingachos which are potato pancakes or Stews.
17. Usually eat beef, pork, lamb, goat and chicken too. Some plates are combian with vegetables, such as chicken dry. qque are troztos chicken served with rice.there is also a dish poupular the part of the mountains of Ecuador, which is the yaguarloco, a potato soup, which has as an ingredient lamb and a special sauce that tasted visiting sabra ECUADOR.
18. BeveragesCane spirits are very popular in some regions such as Ecuador Loja and Manabi
19. Ecuador is a country where you can find variety ofthings, you can also visit many exotic places such as Cotopaxi, the viewpoint of Quito.