INSERT AT BEGINNING OF PRESENTATION Please set up your audio with the audio setup wizard Please edit your profile, so that we can know where you are joining us from and if you have a photo handy, this allows us to put a face to the name Go ahead and test out your microphone once you’ve done the audio setup wizard by pushing the microphone button in the bottom left hand corner Audio works best when you have a microphone headset to avoid any feedback
1. Voki! – for engaging learners
2. While you’re waiting... WHILE YOU’RE WAITING…1. Set up your audio• Select Tools• Go to Audio• Select Audio Setup Wizard2. Edit your profile• Right-click on your name in participant list• Edit profile• Click OK
3. If you could have any super power, whichwould you choose?
4. All about Vokis• http://voki.com
5. Set up your account
6. Verify your account via email
7. Account activatedInsert email & password
8. Now you can create your Voki! Click Create a new Voki
9. Voki has excellent tutorial videos
10. Begin by choosing acharacter – click on the button
11. A pop out box appears –click on the forward & back arrows to see more characters. Click on thepicture of the character you want
12. Nowchoose ahair style You can titivate further by clicking on the “color” tab & changing hair colour. You can do this with lips, eyes, makeup etc as well
13. Change the lip shape & fine- tune colour as in previous slide Choose an outfit
14. Get creative with a bit of bling! Now you can change the background picture behind your character
15. You can even upload your own You can even upload your own background picture. Click on the background picture. Click on the folder & browse on your computer.folder & browse “Upload” button. Then click the on your computer Make sure your picture is not too big – it takes a long time to upload
16. You can change the colour of yourplayer to match your character & background.
17. Give your character a voice.You can do it by telephone by calling the number & quoting the passcode. However, this costs you a phone call to the USA! Or…You can type your text & choose one of the voices from the dropdown list that appears
18. Or…you can put on your headset & mic & record a short 1 minute messageby clicking the “record” button. You can listen, delete the message & record again as many times as you like. Click the “Done” button when you are happy with your recording
19. You can record a longer message by recording it into a program such as Audacity, saving as file & uploading into the Voki. Audiorecordings are large so be prepared to wait a while until it uploads.
20. Once you are happy with yourVoki, it is time to publish. Click on the “Publish” button
21. Type in a name for your Voki and click “Save”.
22. There are a number of options for saving & embedding your Voki. If you wish to email click on the “Send to a friend” tab & follow instructions. To send to Facebook, blog, Twitter etc, click on the corresponding icon. To embed into your wiki,click in the Embed code box to highlight the code then click “Copy”
23. Open the wiki where you want to embed your Voki & click the “Edit” button. Click in the spot where you want your Voki to appear on the wiki page. On the toolbar choose the “Widget” icon that looks like a TV In the widget box, choose “Other HTML”and paste the code you copied into the box & click “Save” Paste your code here
24. Now you have a Voki that speaks with your own voice!
25. To learn how to edit audio in Audacity – makesure you attend our PD on 5th Dec!