Hispanic Consumers infographic
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Hispanic Consumers infographic

on

  • 621 views

2013-04-29 Scarborough Hispanic Consumers Infographic

2013-04-29 Scarborough Hispanic Consumers Infographic

Statistics

Views

Total Views
621
Views on SlideShare
621
Embed Views
0

Actions

Likes
1
Downloads
5
Comments
0

0 Embeds 0

No embeds

Accessibility

Categories

Upload Details

Uploaded via as Adobe PDF

Usage Rights

© All Rights Reserved

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
Post Comment
Edit your comment

Hispanic Consumers infographic Hispanic Consumers infographic Infographic Transcript

  • Life Insurance PolicyHolders 62% 68% 46% 37% 46% 27% 65% 36% TOTAL MILLENNIALS GENERATION X BABY BOOMERS ����� ���������������38% 52% 10% 30% 67% 3% 34% 56% 10% 41% 46% 13% LIKELIHOODOFHOLDINGALIFEINSURANCEPOLICY C ULTURALORIENTATIO N NON-HISPANIC HISPANIC �����HCO B CO ACO LEGEND Hispanic Baby Boomers are 73% more likely to have life insurance coverage versus Hispanic Millennials. Source: Scarborough USA+ Study, Release 2 2012 and Scarborough/AHAA proprietary study based on Scarborough Hispanic MMD, Release 1 2012. © 2013 Scarborough. Hispanic Baby Boomers are 73%more likely than their Hispanic Millennial counterparts to have life insurance policies. Opportunity exists among all Hispanics for life insurance companies as they are overall less likely than non-Hispanics to be policy holders. Smartphone Buyers 6% 6% 5% 8% 9% 10% 9% 9% TOTAL MILLENNIALS GENERATION X BABY BOOMERS ����� ���������������35% 46% 19% 48% 38% 14% 68% 13% 19% 42% 33% 25% LIKELIHOODOFBUYINGANEWSMARTPHONE C ULTURALORIENTATIO N Hispanic Millennials are twice as likely as Hispanic Baby Boomers to plan to buy a new smartphone in the next 12 months. 42% of Hispanic Baby Boomers have Bicultural Orientation. NON-HISPANIC HISPANIC �����HCO B CO ACO LEGEND W I R E L E S S S W I T C H E R S Hispanic consumers are 77%more likely than non-Hispanicsto plan to switch wireless providers in the next twelve months. Source: Scarborough USA+ Study, Release 2 2012 and Scarborough/AHAA proprietary study based on Scarborough Hispanic MMD, Release 1 2012. © 2013 Scarborough. For more information on this study or AHAA: The Voice of Hispanic Marketing, please contact us at info@ahaa.com or visit ahaa.org. Haley Dercher • 646.517.1042 • dialog.scarborough.com hdercher@scarborough.com • info@scarborough.com R E S E A R C H P A R T N E R S P O N S O R E D B Y NON-HISPANIC HISPANIC ����� B I CULTUR AL ORIENTATION ANGLO CULTURAL ORIENTATION HI SPANI C CULTURAL ORIENTATION LEGEND Travel: ForeignTrips 35% 36% 50% 44% 35% 41% 37% 42% TOTAL MILLENNIALS GENERATION X BABY BOOMERS ����� ���������������41% 31% 28% 42% 36% 22% 38% 28% 34% 43% 30% 27% LIKELIHOODOFTAKINGFOREIGNTRIPS C ULTURALORIENTATIO N Hispanic Baby Boomers are the most likely to have traveled outside the continental U.S. in the past three years. 40% more likely than non-Hispanic Baby Boomers. Source: Scarborough USA+ Study, Release 2 2012 and Scarborough/AHAA proprietary study based on Scarborough Hispanic MMD, Release 1 2012. © 2013 Scarborough. Hispanic consumers are more likely to travel abroad than non-Hispanics. Hispanic Baby Boomers are 22%more likely than Hispanic Millennials to travel outside the U.S. Hispanic Generational and Cultural OrientationTrends. Hispanic Generational and Cultural OrientationTrends. The value of understanding cultural orientation by generation. How can marketers identifythe different business opportunities within the generationally diverse Hispanic population? This custom studyfrom Scarborough, commissioned byAHAA and AARP, highlights how marketers can reach Hispanic Millennials, Generation Xers and Baby Boomers more effectively by embracing cross-generational differences and cultural orientation. *Scarborough defines the different American generations as Millennials (age 18-29), Generation X (30-44), Baby Boomers (45-64) and the Silent Generation (65+). MILLENNIALS HISPANIC CULTURAL ORIENTATION ANGLO CULTURAL ORIENTATION GENERATION X BABY BOOMERS 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.7 3.5 3.8 Generation X stands out as having the highest Hispanic Cultural Orientation — a trait usually associated with Baby Boomers. Not surprisingly, Millennials showed greatest orientation toward Anglo Culture. Surprisingly, all Hispanic generational groups showed a degree of biculturality or “cultural duality” cultural orientation Measures the affinity and usage of certain dimensions of culture (e.g., food, music, language, media consumption, celebrations). Provides marketers with specific, concrete measures on what Hispanics are adopting culturally across the Anglo and Hispanic cultures. acculturation Relies on proxy variables, such as language and place of birth, and is different from cultural orientation. Cultural Orientation by Hispanic Generational Segment Source: Scarborough USA+ Study, Release 2 2012 and Scarborough/AHAA proprietary study based on Scarborough Hispanic MMD, Release 1 2012. © 2013 Scarborough. Findings were statistically significant between 90% – 99% confidence levels. B R O U G H T T O Y O U B Y A H A A : T H E V O I C E O F H I S P A N I C M A R K E T I N G