Adobe Photoshop Prepared by: Lyndon Jeorge A. Mendoza
Photoshop: Tutorial Remove objects from an image with content-aware fill
Adobe Photoshop CS5 comes with a unique new feature,called Content Aware Fill, that lets you easily &effortlessly remove an object from your photo. The filluses surrounding area of your selection to compute whatshould be filled in it, to make it look as if the selectedregion never existed. Original Photo Final Photo
1. Open an image into Adobe Photoshop CS5. I will use thebelow picture for this tutorial.
2. Select the Lasso Tool from the toolbar on left of Photoshop &make a rough selection around the object you want to remove.For this tutorial, I will try removing the dog from this photo. While selecting, make sure to select some extra surrounding region of your object also, that helps Photoshop compute what needs to be filled & will also make your work easier.
3. With the object selected, go to edit menu & click on Fill (or simplypress Shift+F5).
4. From the fill dialog box that appears, select Content-Aware fromthe Use drop down menu & click
5. Wait for a while till Photoshop works on the selection & whoa!!The dog magically disappears! Leaving behind just our selection.
Simply press Ctrl+D to deselect the selected area & save your final image.