2. LEVEL 1 - Book Only• The answer can be found in the text (either directly or indirectly).• Texts include books, lectures, or straight from the horse’s mouth.• This type of question is very concrete and pertains only to the text; it asks for facts about what has been heard or read. Information is recalled in the exact manner/form it was heard.
3. Level 1 Words - Book Only• Complete• Define• List• Name• Select
4. LEVEL 2 - Book & Brain• The answer can be inferred from the text.• This type question, although more abstract than a level one question, still relies on the facts. With a level two question, the brain has to use the facts. Answers combine information in a new way.• Information can be broken down into parts; it involves examining in detail, analyzing motives or causes, making inferences, finding information to support generalizations or decision-making.
5. Level 2 Words - Book & Brain• Compare• Sort• Explain (why)• Analyze• Synthesize• Sequence
7. LEVEL 3 - Brain Only• The answer goes beyond the text.• This type of question is abstract and does not pertain directly to the text. These questions ask that judgments be made from information. They also give opinions about issues, judge the validity of ideas or other products and justify opinions and ideas.
10. Practice• What will Atlanta’s population be like in 2050 if we continue to grow as we have for the past ten years?• What is the definition of a trapezoid?• Name the elements that make up water.
11. Practice• Imagine that you were in the character’s position, how would you react?• Distinguish one candidate’s platform from that of the other candidate.• Recite the Preamble of the US Constitution.
12. Practice• What happened to the litmus paper when inserted in the liquid?• Create an invention that uses at least three types of simple machines.• Analyze the character's intentions in the scene.
13. Practice Your Turn!– Directions:– Create three questions (one - level one; one - level two; one - level three) for each of the following topics: 1. Ecology 2. Tissue 3. Agenda-Record your answers on the provided graphic organizer.