What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
We used many different technologies during the process of constructing our product.
I used google a lot for research and planning and the evaluation because it helped me to find facts and figures about my genre and other films within this genre. I made my blog posts more interesting and visual by adding pictures I found using google images. In our group we used google diary to make a time plan. Paint and Photoshop were used to edit or crop images from google or stills from opening sequences. We also used Photoshop to create a production credit.
Youtube helped me with my research as I watched some opening sequences of films within my genre. We uploaded all our drafts and the final production and also our animatic onto youtube, so that we could embed them to our blogs using the embed code which is displayed when a video is uploaded onto youtube.
We set up a facebook group to do some research into our target audience. It also helped as we showed our first draft and asked some questions about that. This showed us what we should change in the final draft. It was also a very easy way to collect critical responses to our final production.
On blogger I post everything I do – research into my genre, other films and my audience, feedback from the audiece, the evaluation and much more. It helps me to keep organized and when I need any information about things I have already learnt I can go back to a previous blog post and look it up.
We used a digital camera to take photos of the storyboard we drew. For filming we used a Panasonic Mini DV camcorder. With this camera we filmed footage for our opening sequence as well as an audience response to our opening sequence.
We used on location to capture the footage from the tape. We captured the footage for our opening sequence and the audience feedback with it. Premiere Pro was used for editing. We edited our opening sequence with it and also created an animatic. For that we just cut the photos of our storyboard together. I learnt many new things about Premiere Pro, for example how to unlink sound.
I used the website www.prezi.com and Open Office to create presentations to make my blog more visual and interesting. I embedded my prezis on to my blog using the embed code. To get an embed code for the Open Office presentations I used the website www.slideshare.net .
Without this equipment and all these softwares we would not have been able to produce our project and I would not have been able to produce a stimulating and interactive evaluation. Apart from a technical problem with the video of the audience feedback (lip-sync out of time) we did not have many problems with the technology.