1. 8 February 2013 Sala Dino Buzzati · Corriere della Sera · Milan2007-11-
2. Social media from a corporate perspective
3. How companies use social media for corporate communications Wikipedia LinkedIn File sharing • 34% no pages in • 12% no LinkedIn •YouTube english • 10% top pages company page 34% have no YouTube • 56% poor pages • 2/3 have only the channel automatically 1/3 offer corporate (not generated profileTwitter just marketing) content• 29% have a Facebook • 17% have a profile on corporate/branding SlideShare • 23% have a presence corporate/branding • 14% have a precence on• 54 account analyzed presence Flickr 60% corporate profile • 43 fanpages analyzed • 18% use Pinterest 40% branding initiatives
4. What kind of corporate presence on Facebook? 4 “educational” fanpages 7 special initiatives 16 corporate fanpages fanpages 43 9 sport sponsorship fanpages 7 CSR thematic fanpages
5. Main findings The trend is to open multiple Facebook fanpages No Facebook pages dedicated to financial content Just 1 company has a fanpage communicating its employer branding activities Few examples of fanpages related to CSR or social initiatives Sports sponsorship pages are the most engaging, but they don’t convey any corporate message
6. Beyond fans: focus on engagement Success is not just a matter of number of fans Effective fanpages are those engaging users on specific issues, topics or project through content designed specifically for the social media environment The research shows that thematic pages stand out in terms of brand engagement “All-rounder” company pages are relatively common (a total of 16), but excluding few examples, are less engaging and harder to manage
7. Content is the king: Barilla CFN
8. More person, less company approach: BNLJob
9. About Blogmeter Social Analytics
10. Comparison, Engagement & Metrics The importance of COMPARISON ENGAGEMENT.. more than just counting fans! Which metrics & KPIs?
11. Comparison COMPARE: to build, evaluate, orient social media strategies.
12. Engagement TOTAL FANS ENGAGEMENT: the interaction between a brand and its COMMUNITY (not just an AUDIENCE)
13. Metrics & KPIs DIFFERENT OBJECTIVES = DIFFERENT METRICS It depends by the strategy/goals of your social media activities. To use a fanpage for branding: BRAND ENGAGEMENT INDEX = (COMMENTS, LIKE, SHARE)/BRAND POSTS To create a community on your fanpage: FAN PUBLISHING INDEX = FANPOST/BRAND POSTS
14. Metrics & KPIs To use a fan page as a customer care channel: RESPONSE TIME: how long does it take to answer your clients’ question on your brand page?
15. 6 tips to be successful on Facebook1. Don’t open a page just because everyone is doing it, think if it makes sense for your company’s purposes2. Be sure to have a social media editorial calendar and dedicated resources3. Create content designed for the social media environment4. Behave more like a “person” rather than a “company”5. Listen, participate and engage6. Monitor your performance
16. Contacts Like our research on Lundquist Facebook and follow us on Twitter, email@example.com LinkedIn, YouTube, Slideshare & @giuliadini Pinterest Blogmeter firstname.lastname@example.org @super_vivis
17. 8 February 2013 Sala Dino Buzzati · Corriere della Sera · Milan2007-11-