1. • Maroon 5 is an American pop-rock band from Los Angeles, California. While they were in high school, lead vocalist and guitarist, Adam Levine, keyboardist Jesse Carmichael, bass guitarist Mickey Madden, and drummer Ryan Dusick formed a garage band called Karas Flowers and released one album in 1997. After a brief period they re-formed with guitarist James Valentine, and pursued a new, more pop-oriented direction as Maroon 5. In 2002 they released their debut album Songs About Jane, which contained four hit singles: "Harder to Breathe", "This Love", "She Will Be Loved" and "Sunday Morning"; it also enjoyed major chart success, going gold, platinum, and triple platinum in many countries around the world.
2. 1989–2002: Karas Flowers and formation of Maroon 5:-While attending Brentwood School, Adam Levine and Jesse Carmichael joined upwith Mickey Madden and Ryan Dusick to form Karas Flowers, a pop band. The namewas taken from a girl that the band had a "collective crush" on.-While they were playing a beach party in Malibu, indie producer Tommy Allen heardthem play and offered to manage them and record a complete record with hispartner, songwriter John DeNicola .-The album The Fourth World sold about 5000 copies and sadly the band wasdropped by the record label.-The band put together a demo that was rejected by several labels, before fallinginto the hands of Octone Records executives James Diener, Ben Berkman and DavidBoxenbaum.- Berkman told HitQuarters he believed what the band needed a 5th member as thefull time guitarist to free up the lead singer.-Octone immediately insisted that the band should change it’s name to breaker upwith their bad past.- James Valentine was recruited for the job as the 5th memeber.- Even so the only songs which showcased the bands new direction were "SundayMorning" and the soon-to-be-written "She Will Be Loved“ of which still were notapproved as their 1st single.
3. 2002–2006: Songs About Jane and Dusicks departure:-Maroon 5 was constantly on tour, after releasing their album in mid-2002.-The first single "Harder to Breathe" slowly started to pick up the airplay which washelping encourage the sales.-By March 2004, the album had reached the Top 20 of the Billboard200 and "Harder toBreathe" had made the Top 20 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles charts.-The album peaked at No. 6 on the Billboard 200 in September 2004,26 months after itsrelease.-Over the next three years, the band toured virtually non-stop, including visits toseventeen countries.- Songs about Jane eventually reached number 2 on the Australian albums charts.- The album also eventually climbed to No. 1 in the UK.-Dusick officially left Maroon 5 in September 2006 after several absences of the tour dueto picking up an old injury.- Matt flynn was Dusicks replacement in the band.
4. 2006–2008: It Wont Be Soon Before Long:-After recording for nearly all of 2006, Maroon 5s second album, It Wont Be SoonBefore Long, was released worldwide in May 2007 by A&M/Octone Records.-Before its release, "Makes Me Wonder" was the number 1 selling single and video oniTunes, it had more than 50,00 pre sales on digitally.- The first single, "Makes Me Wonder," was released to radio March 27, 2007. Thevideo making for this was shown as a preview on MTVs total request live!.- During the 1st week of my the single made a huge jump from number 64 in the chartsto the number 1 spot, the biggest jump in billboard history.-To support the album in early june 2007, the band performed on a "six-date clubtour“, of which they visited many small venues in various places.-Their 2007 ’It Wont Be Soon Before Long ’world tour began September 29 in Detroitand came to an end on November 10 in Las Vegas.- The Re-release of the album ‘If i never seen your face again’ featured a duet versionperformed with rhianna, which appeared on her album ‘Good Girl Gone Bad’.
5. 2008–2011: Hands All Over:-Levine has stated that he believes the band is reaching its peak and may makeone more album before the band decides to fall apart.-Maroon 5s third studio album was recorded in Switzerland in 2009, where theband were joined by record producer Robert John Lange.-The album was named ‘Hands All Over’ and had the release date of September21 2010.- The album had it’s 1st single, "Misery", which was released on June 22, 2010.- Maroon 5’s ‘Moves Like Jagger’ was premiered on the voice in 2011 andfeatured Christiana Aguilera.- Adam levine also featured in Gym Class Heroes ‘ Stereo Hearts’.-On September 8, 2011, Jesse said that the band would be likely to start recordingtheir next album within the next year.-They won their first AMA for Favorite Pop Band/Duo/Group , at the AmericanMusic Awards where they performed: Moves Like Jagger and Stereo Hearts.-During 2011 Maroon 5 recored a song for The Hunger Games, which wasreleased March 20 2011.-During the 54th Grammy awards, Maroon 5 performed along side, Foster thePeople and The Beach Boys, in a series of the Beach Boys song too celebrate their50th anniversary.
6. 2012–present: Overexposed: -During March 2012 Jesse told the band he was going to take a break. -The band continued to work without him on their 4th studio album, but had the help of PJ Morton. -Late March Maroon 5 released on their website that their 4th album would title Overexposed and would be for release in late June. -Levine stated that their album would be the most Diverse an poppiest album yet. -April 2012 the band premiered their song Payphone and was previewed on the hit televison show ‘The Voice’. -Maroon 5’s second single "One More Night" was released on June 19, 2012.
7. Maroon 5 have been influenced by many different notable music artists:- Michael Jackson.- The Police.- Talking Heads.- Shabba Ranks.Maroon 5’s head singer Adam Levine has sited Stevie Wonder as one of his all time heroes.
8. -Maroon 5 represent the Pop Music genre well, as with their music they establishthe Genre by the usage of dance-oriented beats to get people to dance along and togive a catchy beat.-”The lyrics of modern pop songs typically focus on simple themes ,often love andromantic relationships” Maroon 5’s album ‘Kara’s Flowers’ was named after a girlthat the band had a crush on. Which is supporting the point of pop music songsfocusing on the theme love and romantic relationships.- The songs usually consist of a catch beat, a repeating chorus, a use of instrumentsand a main focus on the lyrics, where pop music generally uses those features andare most noted for them.-The music for their albums is generally pop music or uses the pop music sub genre.-My opinion is that they represent the genre as they produce all the notable featuresof a pop song. The usage of their lyrics with beats and other instruments works well,and are able to create a theme and show it to the audience well.
9. Maroon 5’s Discography consists of four studio albums, three live albums, one compilationalbum, one remix album, two extended plays, sixteen singles, four promotional singles andtwenty-two music videos. Singles: Studio Albums: - Harder to Breath. - Songs About Jane. - This Love. - It won’t be soon before long. - She Will Be Loved. - Hands All over. - Sunday Morning. - Overexposed. - Sunday Morning. Live Albums: - Must Get Out. - 1.22.03.Acoustic. - Makes Me Wonder. - Live – Friday the 13th. - Wake Up Call. - Live from Le Cabaret. - Won’t Go Home Without You. Compilation Albums: - If I Never See Your Face Again. - The B side collection. - Goodnight, Goodnight. Remix Albums: - Misery. - Call and Response: The Remix Album. - Give A Little More. Extended Plays: - Never Gonna Leave This Bed. - iTunes session. - Moves Like Jagger. -Live from SoHo. - Payphone. - One More Night.
10. Promotional Singles: Music Videos:- Figure It Out. - Harder To Breath. - Out Of Goodness.- Happy Xmas. - This Love. - Runaway.- The Way You Look Tonight. - She Will Be Loved.- Is Anybody Out There. - Sunday Morning.Other Charted Songs: - She Will Be Loved ( Unplugged ).- Nothing Lasts Forever. - Shiver.- Not Falling Apart. - Must Get Out.- Stutter. - Makes Me Wonder.- Out Of Goodbyes. - Wake Up Call.- Hands all over. - Wont Go Home Without You.- Come away to the water. - If I Never See Your Face Again.- Wipe Your Eyes. - Goodnight, Goodnight.- Lucky Strike. - Story.Guest Appearances: - Misery.- Woman. - Give A Little More.- Pure Imagination. - Hands All Over.- Everyday People. - Never Gonna Leave This Bed.- Lovely Day. - Moves Like Jagger.- Pure Imagination. - Payphone.- Come Away To The Water. - One More Night.
11. .Maroon 5 have 5 Record Labels which are as followed :- A&M/Octone Records.- Universal Music Group.- J Records.- Fuelled By Ramen.- Columbian Records.Maroon 5’s Biography : The Biography of Maroon 5 is explaining the whole making of Maroon 5 from start to finish. Here is a screenshot of the biography.