Ahuachapán Department• Ahuachapán is a department of El Salvador in the west of the country. The capital is Ahuachapán. In the South it has the Apenca-Ilamatepec Range and the Cerro Grande de Apaneca (Apaneca Grand Hill). Its extension is 1,240 km² and has more than 360,000 people living in the department.
Cabañas Department• Cabañas is a department of El Salvador in the north central part of the country. The capital is Sensuntepeque. Sensuntepeque means 400 hills because around the department there are small hills. One of the coldest regions in El Salvador and Certified place of Tourism, strongly recommended. Cabañas was classified as a department in February 1873. It is reported to have 1,104 km² and over 200,000 people.
Chalatenango Department• Chalatenango is a department of El Salvador, located in the northwest of the country. The capital is the city of Chalatenango. The Chalatenango Department encompasses 2,017 km² and contains more than 220,000 inhabitants. Las Matras Archaeological Ruins contains the relics of prehistoric populations and caves in which rock writing is found. Chalatenango was made a department on February 14, 1855. The "5 de Noviembre" Hydroelectric Dam is found in Chalatenango Department, near the border with Cabañas. The highest point in the country, El Pital with an elevation of 2730.06 m, also is located in Chalatenango Department.
Cuscatlán Department• Cuscatlán is a department of El Salvador, located in the center of the country. With a surface area of 756.19 square kilometers (291.97 sq mi), it is El Salvadors smallest department. It is inhabited by over 200,000 people. Cuscatlán or Cuzcatlán was the name the original inhabitants of the Western part of the country gave to most of the territory that is now El Salvador. In their language it means "land of precious jewels". It was created on 22 May 1835. Suchitoto was the first capital of the department but on 12 November 1861, Cojutepeque was made the capital.
La Libertad Department• La Libertad is one of the departments of El Salvador and is located in the southwest of the country. The capital is Santa Tecla. It has 1,653 km² and a population of more than 780,400 people. It was classified as a department on January 28, 1865. The population was settled on the Ulliman Plains, which is where rubber is harvested. The city was called "Nueva Ciudad de San Salvador" (New City of San Salvador) and made the departments capital on the same date as the department was declared. The departments capital was renamed Santa Tecla on December 22, 2003.
La Paz Department• La Paz is a department of El Salvador in the south central area of the country. The capital is Zacatecoluca. La Paz has an area of 1,224 km² and a population of more than 300,000. The department was created in 1852. There are various caves containing rock writing. The department has a church in Zacatecoluca where the Independence Hero Dr Jose Simeon Cañas y Villacorta was born. He was known as "The Liberator of the Slaves in Central America". In 1833, Anastasio Aquino, an indigenous person, proclaimed himself as "The Emperor of the Nonualcos".
La Unión Department• La Unión is a department of El Salvador. It is located in the eastern part of the country and its capital is La Unión. It covers a total of 2,074 km² and has a population of 300,000. The department was created on June 22, 1865 and the city of La Unión was made its capital. The Conchagua Temple was built in 1693 and it is one of tourist attractions of the department, as well as containing archeological ruins in Intipuca andMeanguera.
Morazán Department• Morazán is a department of El Salvador. Located in the northeast part of the country, its capital is San Francisco Gotera. It covers a total surface area of 1,447 km² and has a population of more than 200,000.
San Miguel Department• San Miguel is a department of El Salvador in the eastern part of the country. The capital is San Miguel. It has 2,077 km² and a population of over 450,000 San Miguel was first known as San Miguel de la Frontera. The city was founded by Luis de Moscoso on May 8, 1530, where it is now Santa Elena. This territory was part of the Lenca Principality at the time of the conquest. On July 11, 1812 it was given the title of "Noble y Leal Ciudad" (noble and loyal city). It was made a department on June 12, 1824.
San Salvador Department• San Salvador is a department of El Salvador in the west central part of the country. The capital is San Salvador, which is also the national capital. The department is North of the Rio Lempa Valley, the "Valle de las Hamacas" (Hammock Valley) and a section of Lake Ilopango. Some of the departments cities that are densely populated are: San Salvador, Ciudad Delgado, Mejicanos, Soyapango, Panchimalco and Apopa. The department covers an area of 886 km² and has a population of nearly 3 million. It was classified as a department on June 12, 1824. During the time of the colony, the department was the San Salvador Party, from where territory was taken to make the departments of Chalatenago, La Libertad, Cuscatlán and La Paz.
San Vicente Department• San Vicente is a department of El Salvador in the center of the country. The capital isSan Vicente. On October 4, 1834, San Vicente City of Austria and Lorenzana (Ciudad de San Vicente de Austria y Lorenzana) was made the capital of State of El Salvador during the Federal Republic of Central America. In 1840, it stopped to be the capital of the State of El Salvador but it continues to be of the department. The department was created on June 12, 1824. The San Vicente department has 1,184 km² and a population in excess of 230,000.
Santa Ana Department• Santa Ana is a department of El Salvador in the northwest of the country. The capital is Santa Ana. It has 2,023 km² and a population of over 600,000. This department was created on February 8, 1855. The Santa Ana Volcano is in this department. During Pre-Columbian times, the area now composing Santa Ana was inhabited byMayan peoples; among the departments major Mayan archaeological sites areTazumal and Casa Blanca. Many of the regions inhabitants were members of the Poqomam or Chorti Mayan subgroups.
Sonsonate DepartmentSonsonate is a department of El Salvador in thewestern part of the country. The capital is Sonsonate.The department has a population of over 500,000 andan area of 1,226 km².Created on June 12, 1824. The El Salvador NationalParliament deciced on January 29, 1859 to separatefrom the department the cities of Apaneca, San PedroPuxtla, Guaymango and Jujutla and give these cities toSanta Ana Department.Sonsonate City was the second capital of the FederalRepublic of Central America in 1834.
Usulután Department• Usulután from the Nawat language (meaning "city of the ocelots") is a department ofEl Salvador in the southeast of the country (Lenca region). The capital is Usulután. It is El Salvadors largest department. It has an area of 2,130 km² and a population of over 350,000.The department was created on June 22, 1865.
Gostou de algum slide específico?
Recortar slides é uma maneira fácil de colecionar informações para acessar mais tarde.