4. INSPIRATIONAL FILMS DOUBLE INDEMNITY. •The use of detective •Investigation •Talked into a murder •Falling for the person not allow •Affairs
5. INSPIRATIONAL FILMS SIN CITY •Murder •No respect for the law •Investigation •Femme fatale •Romance •Affairs
6. NSPIRATIONAL FILMS BASIC INSTINCT •Investigator •Investigation •Seductive •Trying to get away •Dominant •Attractive •Smooth
7. How/why? They use/develop/challengeforms? SUNSET BOULEVARDFORMS USE/DEVELOP/CHAL WHY? LENGEBlack and Use •To show that theWhite Editing movie is film noir which mean black movie •To show the timeEstablishing Use/ •Establishing difference. shotShots •Give entire images Devel of places and op setting. Use •Create a specificMusic mood •Atmosphere •Sound effects
8. DOUBLE INDEMNITYFORMS USE/DEVELOP/CHALLE WHY? NGEBlack and Use •To show that the movieWhite Editing is film noir which mean black movie They use •To show the time various difference. close up to They use show various specificClose up Use/ close up to details and show places.shots Devel specific op details and Use places. •Create a specificMusic mood •Atmosphere •Sound effects •To create effects.
9. SIN CITYFORMS USE/DEVELOP/CHALL WHY? ENGE •They use special effectsSpecial Effects Use/Develop to emphesise colours. •Whole movie black and white. •Only colours used are green , red, blue. •Neo film noir. •They use various closeShots Use/develop up shots •establishing shot • over the shoulder shot • extreme close up shots, which are all form to film noir, this is done to show specific details and places. •Create a specific moodMusic use •Atmosphere •Sound effects
10. DOUBLE INDEMINITYFORMS USE/DEVELOP/CHALL WHY? ENGEClose up shots To emphesise certain Use/Develop importance. To give show theLow angle Use importance of the lady.shots •Create a specific moodmusic use •Atmosphere •Sound effects •To create effects. •Create tension.
11. How/why? they use/develop/challenge forms? SUNSET BOULEVARDConventions USE/DEVELOP/CHALL WHY? ENGEVoice over the narrator is the Use/ character telling his own story. The villain is the femmeVillain Use/develop fatale develops as its a woman does this to show the dominance of a woman in society and how they can be dangerous •The victim is a man ,Victim challenge which challenges the conventions this is done because to show that man can also be victims. • to show the opposite
12. Double Idemnityconvetions USE/DEVELOP/CHALL HOW/WHY? ENGEAffair Its the affair between Used suspect and the investigator The affair offers to kill herMurder Use husband to get his money. The victim here is a manVictim Use and he is murdered and no consequences, it is used to challenge the stereotype of men being domian.t
13. Sin cityconvetions USE/DEVELOP/CHALL HOW/WHY? ENGEAffair Its the affair between Use murder and victim , this is done to show how opposites attract The man kills the murder,Murder Use in a very soft and romantic way. This is done to show the ironic side of death. The victim here is aVictim Use woman , which uses the convetions very tipically, this is done to show how woman can be subm
14. Sin cityconvetions USE/DEVELOP/CHALLE HOW/WHY? NGEinvestigation In basic instinct investigation Used is used to shown importance of a happening The woman in the movieseduction Use uses seduction , this is done to show how woman can use seduce to get away To show her dominance.Femme fatale Use
15. Conven Use/ How? Screen shots Comparisontions Challeng e /DevelopFemme Use Our character is very Similarities to SunFatale dominant and shows a Set Boulevard: Both lot of strong femme fatales are personality. very dominant.Victim Use We have a victim Differences to Sin Rafael which was killed City: Victim is now a by our main character. male, to make man And his death is being look weak. investigated.Villain Challenge By being a women, Similar to Basic d good looking for the Instinct: Women are society her hobbies are both very dominant on not conventions to a death. ‘normal’ killer.Investig Used Investigator is used at Similar to Basicator the part of the Instinct: Both interrogation. investigators are being tempted by the suspect.Seducti Used Character is trying to Similar to Double
16. Forms Develop/ How? Comparison Screen shots Challenge / Use?Black and Use Having the Sunset BoulevardWhite opening sequence use black and in black and white white throughout except the the whole film. flashbacks.Close up Use By having close Basic InstinctShots ups when she is uses close ups remembering the when she is flashbacks. crossing her legs.Fade to Use To end the n/ablack opening sequenceFade to Use Every time we n/awhite have a flashbackBleach Use Our flashbacks n/abypass are all in this effect.
17. Narrative and structure. The narrative of our movie is linear. It is set actual time , with just flash backs of the past.
18. 2. How does yourmedia product(openingsequence)representparticular social
19. Who/Social class is beingrepresented?LADIES/MEN/FEMME FATALEHIGHER CLASSBECAUSE OF :
20. HOW DID WE REPRESENT:MISE-EN-SCENE( SETTING) - POSITIVE
21. LIGHITING:WE USED : ARTIFICIAL LIGHTING AND NATURAL LIGHTING.
22. BODY LANGUAGE(NEGATIVE_ SEDUCTIVE. DOMINANCE POWER
24.  OUR REPRESENTATION IS A VERY TYPICAL CONVETION OF A HIGH SOCIAL CLASS :AS THEY ARE KNOW TO BE : DOMINANT DISGUST HAVE AUTHORITY GO TO POSH PLACES
25. OUR SOCIAL CLASS REPRESENTATION LINKS TO OUR TARGET AUDIENCE ASWELL ASONE OF THE CATEGORIES OF OUR OPENING SEQUENCE IS : THE AGE BOUNDRY OF 30-40 – this links with our social class representation because of way our character is represented as experienced. THE CULTURAL LIFE STYLE : Traditional life style , this links as we show the traditional life style of a higher class person.
26. Why did we represent this socialgroup?We decided to represent this social group because : Of the time set of the film The character representation The use of femme fatale The effects used The setting.
27. 3. WHAT KIND OFMEDIA INSTITUTIONMIGHTDISBTRIBUTE YOURMEDIA PRODUCTAND WHY?
28. 1ST DITRIBUTING COMPANYRESEARCHED Paramount Pictures What we found out during our research and why we thought it would be suitable: 1. it is one of the oldest distributing companies. 2. It distributed the most amount of film noir 3. Serves film worldwideReasons why it wasn’t suitable: 4. Good finance, they have made more than $300 million over 2011.1. Their budgets for films are higher than our budget.2. It hasn’t distributed any neo film noirs lately.
29. 2ND DISTRIBUTING COMPANY RESEARCHED Columbia Pictures What we found out during our research and why we thought it would be suitable: 1. It had partnership with paramount pictures 2. It is within the 5 distributingReasons why it wasn’t companies that distributed more thansuitable: 499 film noirs.1. Very hight budget 3. Distributed worldwide2. Hasn’t distributed any 4. Had the budget of $200 million over neo film noirs lately. 2011.3. The partenrship with paramount pictures makes it be a worldwide
31. 3RD DISTRIBUTING COMPANY RESEARCHED Miramax What we found out during our research and why we thought it would be suitable: 1. More to do with the gender, usually produce films for female 2. Miramax produces film noirs 3. Miramax produces film with affairs 4. The budget of Miramax was of 150 million in 2011. 5. Owned by Disney 6. Miramax works with films with the budget of $10-20 million per film.
32. REASONS WHY WE DECIDEDTO CHOOSE MIRAMAX1. Centred on a female audience after the age of 12 , our target audience is on females.2. Produces Neo film noirs such as Sin city.3. Has themes of affairs and crimes.4. Works with budgets of $10-20 million per film.5. Smaller company.
35. MIRAMAX Our opening(crime/drama) sequence. 1. FILM NOIR 2. ROMANCE 3. Femme fatale 4. Crimes. 5. Death 6. Investigation.
36. Who would theaudience beinterested inyour media
37. Target audience Hobbies: Cinema, fashion, antique. Age: 30-40 Gender: Mostly Female, but some older men. Ethinicity: English/ American/ German. Lifestyle: Traditional, cultural, used to having technology but still likening the old versions of films. Likes women power, feels proud about their sex. Location: People that live in the city.Why will out target audience be interested? Target Audience will be interested because our opening sequence shows enigma, culture, fashionable and very feminist. They way our film is edited creates a lot of enigma, we use extreme close up shots to emphasize important things. We also use zoom in and zoom out to show different places and times. Flash backs are also used to show scenes of the past to make the present scene more clear.
38. List of things we did to attract ouraudience. Followed the conventions Challenged some of the stereotypes Used props affectively Plots is unusual and different Had a good amount of close ups Characters were represented well Clear narrative Clear story
39. Target AudienceAudience were attract to our opening sequence because the plot is very different and it challenges some of the stereotypes. The narrative is easy to follow as our target audience prefers simpler films.
41. BBFC BBFC OPENING SEQUENCE OURDiscrimination DiscriminationDiscriminatory language or behaviour must not beendorsed by the work as a whole. We are not discriminating anyone.Drugs Drugs:Any misuse of drugs must be infrequent andshould not be glamorised or give instructional We are using cigarettes , but its not beingdetail. glamorised or instructional.Horror Horror:Moderate physical and psychological threat maybe permitted, provided disturbing sequences are We are not having horror in any form.not frequent or sustained.Imitable behaviour Imitable behaviour:Dangerous behaviour (for example, hanging,suicide and self-harming) should not dwell on We are not applying any of these into ourdetail which could be copied, or appear pain or film.harm free.Language Language:The use of strong language (for example,‘fuck’) must be infrequent. We are not using any strong language.Nudity Nudity:Nudity is allowed, but in a sexual context must bebrief and discreet. No nuditySex SexSexual activity may be briefly and discreetly We are only showing a very discreet
43. What have youlearnt abouttechnologies fromthe process ofconstructing thisproduct?
44. RESEARCH  Computers  Google  DVD player  DVDs  PowerPoint  Active board.
45. RESEARCHDVD players watch DVDs research the different techniques used in real films gain inspiration for our opening sequencePowerPoint slides with all the information examples we gained in our researchInteractive bored present presentations Of what we found in our research
46. BRAINSTORMING/PLANNING: Cameras PowerPoint Computers Google Usb cables Usb Active board. Internet.
47. BRAINSTORMING/PLANNING:Internet Gain examples of movies Inspirational scenesUsb We used to save our presentations Also to present our work on the interactive white boardsUsb cable Used it to transfer images from our camera to the computer
48. BLOGS: Computer Google Internet BloggerCamera cables Iphone PowerPoint
49. blogIphone We used iphone to take pictures- As evidence Costumes CharactersInternet We used internet to update blogger We used slide share to upload PowerPoints to bloggerUsb cable Upload photos from iphone to blog Evidence of filming Setting
50. PRELIMINARY: iMacs Computers Camera Tripod PowerPoint Active board Internet Camera cable Photography camera Iphone iMovie
51. DRAFT 1 : DRAFT 2 : DRAFT 3 :•Camera •Camera ALL OF•Tripod •Tripod •Memory card THOSE•Memory card DRAFT 4 : •Imac•Imac •Garage band ALL OF•Imovie •Imovie•Garage band•Garage band THOSE•ITunes •ITunes DRAFT 5:•Internet •YouTube ALL OF•Google •Internet THOSE •Google
52. Things we used for our Draft 1 Opening Sequence DRAFT 1 : Camera Tripod Memory card Imac Imovie Garage Band ITunes Internet Google
53. Draft 1/2/3/4/5Imovie Upload our footage to the computers Editing our first draft Add transitions/ EffectsGarage band We used garage band to record voice overs Also to put music into our openingTripod To make our footage steady Control camera angles Control camera movement
54. Preliminary  Grade:  With this task we learned how to edit and how to use the camera in a variety of shots and angles.
55. Opening Sequence draft 1 Draft 1:Grade: 1B We got this grade because our location and framing was very poor and our focus. We also didn’t use the editing techniques and transitions affectively. We now learned how to frame our characters correctly, found a better location.
56. Opening Sequence draft 2 Draft 2: Grade: 2C We had this grade because the flashbacks we was using was not affective and clear and our credits was not good. We now added extra flashbacks to be more specific on what we want to emphasize.
57. Opening Sequence draft 3 Draft 3: Grade: 2A/3C We have this grade because we didn’t do well on the titles and credits. We now learned where to put the titles and credits and we also use better fonts.
58. Opening Sequence draft 4 Draft 4: Grade: 3A We have this grade because we had good shots, and our framing was very clear and we used rule of thirds very affectively but our voice over was not correct We now have a new script for voice over and we added more shots.
59. Opening Sequence Final Draft Draft 5: Grade: A2 We got this grade because we had really good framing, filming appropriate material for the target audience. We now learned that we should have had a voice over for the male investigator and more variety of shots.