2.  2012- 51%- Democrat- Brack Obama 2008- 53%- Democrat- Brack Obama 2004- 53.2%- Republican- George W Bush 2000- 50.3%- Republican- George W Bush 1996- 70.4%- Democrat- Bill Clinton 1992- 70.4%- Democrat- Bill Clinton
5.  The incumbent has the advantage over challengers during the elections Winning percent of the House Incumbent is 85% and Senate Incumbent is 84% The house incumbent wins the majority of the time. In recent years it has been well over 90%, with rarely 5-10 incumbents losing their house seats every election cycle happens.
6.  Many people feel more connected with the president then they do with congress members. This lead to more people voting in presidential races. Presidential races are more important. The ratio of republicans and democrats are pretty even.
7.  Describes a situation in which one party controls the white house and another party controls one or both houses of the United States congress.
8. 1) In the most recent elections how many consecutive term presidents have there been in a row? A. 2 B. 3 C. 4 D. 5
9. 2) Who won the 2012 Senate race? A. Democrats B. Republicans C. A tie D. All of the above
10. 3) Republican vs. Democrat; who normally has the higher winning average? A. Democrats B. Republicans C. A tie D. All of the above
11. 4) What is divided government? A. There are two federal governments running the country. B. Describes a situation in which one party controls the white house and another party controls one or both houses of the United States congress. C. A situation in which the government is at civil war. D. None of the above.
12. 5) What do people prefer to vote for in the election due to the people feeling a close connection to them? A. The President B. House Reps. C. Senate Reps. D. All the above