Email deliverability is on a lot of email marketers’ minds during the holidays because of increased volume from almost all senders.
Although delivery is important for seasonal email campaigns, delivering smarter is vital all year round. It’s more important than ever to make sure your messages not only get delivered, but also make it into the inbox where they can be seen and acted upon.
Following are copious notes about the recent shakeups at Gmail and Yahoo, as well as everyday delivery challenges. Inside this notebook are ideas and best practices for optimizing your inbox placement during the holidays
and all year long.
• Changes at Gmail and Yahoo
• What changes took place
• How they affect you (and the email industry)
• Whether you should react – and how
• Engagement as the key to the inbox
• How personalization and targeting improve delivery rates
• The effect of user engagement on your deliverability
• When it’s time to say good-bye