10 steps to creating landing pages for higher conversion rates in 2013
10 Steps To Creating Landing Pages For HigherConversion Rateby Lorél Marketing Group
• Developing personalized campaign-specific landing pages isthe key to success in any marketing campaign.• If you are driving your brand with a paid search campaign orutilizing email programs, or running affiliate-based acquisitionprograms, you SHOULD be using a landing page for each.• Lorél Marketing Group suggest these 10 best practices thatyou can implement right now to help drive higher conversionand increase your ROI.
1. Align the landing page with the maingoal of the email or direct mail message.• Design a landing page that is highlyfocused - landing pages should bedesigned to have ONE main focus.• Articulate the needs of the websitevisitor and what you want him orher to do.
2. Develop a streamlined path to the offer.• Make the desired action clearand obvious; very prominent onthe page. Beside the header,this should be the next thingthey should see on the page.• Remove unnecessary elementsfrom the landing page. Thelanding page main purpose isto transact.
3. Validate the message and elements ofyour landing page with the direct mail oremail message.•The first objective is for thelanding page to validate thatthey are in fact on thecorrect webpage.•Repeat the headline fromyour email/direct mail at thetop of the landing page.
4. Keep the message and call to actionshort and sweet.• Consider keeping allmessaging on the landingpage above the fold.• Keep calls to actionobvious and short, do notmake them work to figureout what you want them todo.Source: www.emarketer.com
5. Design the landing page for “scan-ability.”• Make sure the headlines, sub-headings and graphics aredesigned to allow visitors toskim the content quickly andstill get the message• Make the message anddirective VERY clearSource: www. harrisinteractive.com
6. Maximize the use of copy, graphicsand white space and lead the visitorlogically to the offer.• Place images next to the mostimportant copy/text• Use different font sizes to highlightimportance• Keep the number of colors used totwo or three at most (includingblack).• DO NOT use sidebars that aren’trelevant or other distractingelements.
7. Managing website forms.• Keep it brief and thoroughlypre-test it.• Don’t deter or scare offprospects by asking for toomuch information.Source: www. lorel.com
9. Track results.• Implement a website analyticsprogram to understand how yourlanding page performed.• Measure who came to the site andwhat they did or did not do so thatyou can optimize the landing pageexperience and achieve higherconversions• Reach out to individuals whoabandon the landing page
10. Develop a test plan• Test different elements and copy on your landing pages to learn what worksbest.• Web analytics software can be implemented to allow you to run A/B tests.• Test one element in each email for cleaner outcome results.
A Closing Remark:• Well-written and well-designed landing pages will deliver moredaily visitors as the support structure, such as awareness andmarketing efforts, build up.
Thank YouWant to jump start your marketing strategy and programs?Lorél Marketing Group can help you get started with a no-costdiscovery meeting that can align your goals with a vision for yoursuccess. Care to learn more? Contact us today.Lorél Marketing GroupEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: 610-337-2343Website: www.lorel.com