Time management is important for personal life and career success. It teaches you how to manage your time effectively and make the most of it.Here are a few of the reasons why it is so important, and how it can help you use and manage your time more advantageously:
2. Most people feel like they have too much to do and not enough time. They blame lack of time for their poor finances, unachieved goals, stress, bad relationships and not exercising their body. Wise time management can help you find the time for what you desire to do or need to do.
3. You need time to get what you want out of life. If you wait for extra time to appear, you might lose the game of life. Through right time management, you can “ create ” the time you need, and not just wait for it to come. By planning your time wisely, you will have more time to do more things.
8. You become more productive using improved time management skills and tools, and can accomplish more with less effort and time. Time management can help you reduce wasted time and energy, help you become more creative and productive, and enable you to do the right thing at the right time. This will of course lead to more balance and fulfillment in your life.
9. Life today presents so many distractions, and therefore, it is very easy to lose time on unimportant activities. Ask yourself if watching a TV program, reading a gossip or participating in a certain activity is going to add anything to your life. Is the time spent on a particular activity well spent, or is just a waste of time and energy?
10. Life puts in front of everyone so many choices each day, and the question is, do you follow what appears on your way, or do you consciously choose what you want to do? Do you allow external distractions deter you from your goal, or do you use willpower and self discipline to walk toward your goal in a straight line, without wasting time and energy?
6. Set Personal Deadlines: Nobody likes deadlines. They cause stress, aggravation, worry, and, more stress. A guaranteed way to alleviate some of this stress is to set your own earlier deadlines. Be realistic but demanding of yourself. Challenge yourself and reward yourself for meeting a difficult challenge. Not only will this save time and make you more productive in the long run, but you will also have a buffer time with little to no penalties compared to those received for missing a real deadline.
7. Delegate Responsibilities: It is not uncommon for people to take on more than they can handle. The overestimation of one’s abilities can often result in stress and more work for an individual. To avoid this unnecessary stress, one should delegate tasks.
8. Set up a Long Term Planner: In the everyday drab of life, we can often lose sight of our goals. Setting up a long term planner will help you envision your long term goals and rationalize your current objectives. Whenever you are unsure of why you are doing something, just take a look at your long term planner and you’ll be reminded your goals.
9. Be Careful to Avoid Burnout: Burnout occurs when your body and mind can no longer keep up with the tasks you demand of them. Don’t try to force yourself to do the impossible. Delegate time for important tasks, but always be sure to leave time for relaxation and reflection. Review your recent accomplishments and make sure you feel good. Review and reflection is one of the best ways to gain confidence and higher confidence results in more productivity.
To save time, meet your mentor with your teammates during the time before your CCA starts. The meeting need not be long, 20 minutes will be sufficient to clarify any doubts and how to advance with the project
When met with a problem during the project, do not stop working on it just because of the problem. Approach your mentor for help
Embark on the web report hopefully before the start of the June holidays
Utilize the June holidays to meet up at least 3 times with your group and progress on whatever your project is on. One meeting a week is all you need to make sure you are still in touch with your project. The web report should also be constantly updated according to your progress.
Meet up with your mentor for advice on how to progress
Once a clear idea is set, embark on your project once again
Try to complete the project as quick as possible, as there will be no time to do it as the EOYs will be around the corner. Possibly meet up 2 times a week, and do not sidetrack while tanking your project. (hopefully 4 weeks from semi-finals)