1. Ozen High School Integrating Technology and Instructional Action PlanOzen High School Technology PlanSpring 2011Beaumont Independent School DistrictLisa JacobsEDLD 5352 Lamar University<br />Technology Organizational Chart<br /> <br />Superintendent of Schools:<br /><ul><li>Utilize the district network, website, and Intranet to share appropriate district resources and information within the district and the community. TEAMS, and parent self-serve.</li></ul>Assistant Superintendent of Secondary Schools: <br /><ul><li>Oversee grant writing programs to fund technology growth.
2. Oversee PLATO, an online credit recapture program for students needing assistance in graduating on time.</li></ul>Director of Instructional Technology: <br /><ul><li>Allocate sufficient funding and time for technology liaisons to attend annual state conference.
3. Use Start Chart Data to plan Professional Development Activities for the District.
4. Ensure that the infrastructure is available at all times.</li></ul>Campus Technology Liaisons: <br /><ul><li>Meet quarterly with district administrators to ensure that the Technology TEKS and professional development standards are being met.
5. Trouble-shoot software, hardware and campus network problems; assist, as required, in developing technology-related requisitions for the school;
6. Maintain database of campus inventory of software, licenses, and technology hardware, serve as liaison between campus and administration, conduct technology training sessions for school staff as needed.</li></ul>SBDM: <br /><ul><li>Collaborate with principals the use and integration of technology into the campus plan.
7. Meet with the department head to facilitate the campus plan.</li></ul>Department Heads: <br /><ul><li>Make sure technology integration activities are embedded throughout the curriculum, especially in the core content areas.
8. Mentor to all teachers in the department</li></ul>Teachers: <br /><ul><li>Develop and incorporate new teaching methods into their curriculum utilizing innovative technologies.
9. Team teach</li></ul>Students:<br /><ul><li>Mastery of technology.
10. Peer-tutoring .</li></ul>Role of the principal in making sure the organiizational chart is implemented and monitored.<br />Principal’s Role: Monitor and assess classroom application of technology-rich curriculum. Collaborate with the SDBM team to ensure the integration of technology into the curriculum. Principal will meet weekly with department head to discuss progress of technology use in classrooms. Principal will facilitate and provide funding for campus use of technology. Principal will make sure the ratio between students and computers are low. Monthly walk- through to ensure technology is being implemented in the classrooms. <br />Professional Development Planning<br />Professional Development ActivitiesGoal: Provide ongoing professional development activities to staff to improve technology use and learning technology.ActivitiesPerson(s) Responsible:Timeline: Start/EndNeeded ResourcesEvaluationProvide staff development on internet use: social network sites, Blogging, web creation.Provide teachers with staff development on the district’s intranet service: TEAMS, Parent Self ServePrincipal Technology LiaisonDepartment HeadDirector of Instructional TechnologyOngoingAccounts for teachers’ computers to access net.TEAMS technology liaison Teachers will be more familiar with way to communicate with parents and / students. Survey’s from parents. Staff development survey formsHands-on training to implement technology into teachers lesson: smartboards, starboards, data projector PrincipalsSBDM TeamTechnology LiaisonDepartment HeadsTeachersOngoingState and Local curriculum for each subject.Walk-ThroughStudents progress and success rate.Staff development formsProvide video-based training to staff via intranet.ProfessionalDevelopmentfor OnlineLearningSuperintendentDirector of Instructional TechnologySBDM TeamOngoingDistrict IntranetPrincipal and SBDM Teaming joint effort On-line completion of program.Staff development to improve Teaching and Learning, Educator Preparation and Development,Leadership and InfrastructureCampus PrincipalTechnology LiaisonDepartment HeadTeachersOngoingState’s and School’s Star Chart from previous year.STaR Chart,Assistant Superintendent of Secondary School Walk- Through.Staff development formsOngoing<br />Reference<br />Ozen Campus STaR Chart 2009-2010<br />Beaumont ISD Technology Plan 2010-2013<br />Ozen Campus Plan 2010-2011<br />2010 Progrress Report on the Long-Range Plan for Technology<br />EVALUATION OF THE ACTION PLAN<br />INTRODUCTION<br />I will discuss my technology action plan integrating instructional an organizational leadership. I will also include evaluation components that provide measurable outcomes designed to address: data from the campus and district improvement plans, and local or state technology plan; measuring professional development designed to use technology and evaluating professional development to improve decision making in the integration of technology.<br />DATA<br />As stated in EDLD 5352 Week 3 assignment, the use of the STaR Chart will provide a measuring tool to determine the progress of integrating technology which will include the four key areas: Teaching and Learning, Educator’s Preparation and Development, Leadership Support and Infrastructure. Informal meetings with individual staff will be used to determine the technology needed. Assessing the needs of teachers and students every semester will provide a bench- mark. <br />MEASURABLE<br />Teachers preparedness and administrators effectively facilitate technology will aid in the evaluation of the technology plan. Surveys and questionnaires will be used to determine measurable progress. Assessments to determine if the integration of technology is being used will be evaluated and / monitored with PDAS walk-thru and administration evaluation. Walk-thru will be done at the discretion of the principal. <br />EVALUATION<br />Assessments to determine if the integration of technology is being used will be evaluated and / monitored with PDAS walk-thru and administration evaluation. Walk-thru will be done at the discretion of the principal. <br />CONCULSION<br />The evaluation of the action plan will be an ongoing process. The use of technology, facilitating technology, professional development, technology to enhance learning and instruction, student use of technology will aid in the evaluation of the action plan. Technology action plan reflected in campus plan will be evaluate technology proficiency with on-line curriculum surveys.<br />Reference<br />Ozen Campus STaR Chart 2009-2010<br />Beaumont ISD Technology Plan 2010-2013<br />Ozen Campus Plan 2010-2011<br />2010 Progrress Report on the Long-Range Plan for Technology<br />