1. VOLUNTEER POSTING EXAMPLE :: ENVIRONMENTAL DEFENSE FUND
COMPANY: Environmental Defense Fund
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Environmental Defense Fund’s mission is to preserve the natural systems on which
all life depends. Guided by science, we design and transform markets to bring lasting solutions to the most serious
We are a global leader in partnering with business for strong environmental and bottom line results. EDF has a 25year track record working hand in hand with corporate leaders to unleash environmental innovation while demonstrating that good environmental strategy is good business strategy.
EDF is a unique organization staffed with some of the smartest people on the planet - all aligned with the mission
of protecting the planet. Nancy Buzby, our Director of Marketing, is a marketer at heart but after 20 years in the
corporate and media world, she’s ready to use her powers for good.
INDUSTRY: Civic & Social Organization, Environmental Services
JOB TITLE: Volunteer Graphic Designer
EXPERIENCE: Mid- Senior Level
JOB FUNCTION: Design
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Temporary
JOB DESCRIPTION: Environmental Defense Fund is looking for help designing an infographic!
• The ability to communicate complex information using an easily interpretable visual aid.
• A high-resolution version of the infographic in our preferred format.
• The ability to link from areas within the infographic to more extensive content.
• The ability to use the infographic in our collateral.
• We are in the process of a site redesign for EDF+ Business scheduled to launch in early February 2014. This
infographic will be used in the About Us section of the site.
The site will be heavily promoted through our parent company, EDF.org, and through all of our social channels. We
need to position ourselves as the thought leader in working with business to drive environmental gains, and showing
the breadth of our work for the past 25 years through an easily digestible infographic will lay the foundation for our
expertise and our results.
2. We have an existing style guide and would be willing to write up a creative brief and assign staff to work with you on
the copy, images, logos and revisions.
“LinkedIn for Good Volunteering”
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE:
• Graphic design experience
• Data interpretation/translation skills
HOW CANDIDATES APPLY: Select “collect applications on LinkedIn” or link to your organization’s application
COUNTRY: United States
POSTAL CODE: [Organization’s Zip code]
Environmental Defense Fund is a Catchafire partner organization. This project and listing was identified and developed
with the guidance of a Catchafire Account Manager. Catchafire takes the hassle out of recruiting and managing a great
volunteer. We set you up for success by helping you select the right project to fit your needs, write a compelling posting,
facilitate the application and interview process, and mediate any issues that may arise throughout the project.