Kevin Kelly really changed our thinking with his post about 1,000 true fans.Kevin Kelly really changed our thinking with his post about 1,000 true fans.Invited to a group mixer. (go to invitations)
FACEBOOK 101 for Real Estate Facebook was the most visited Web site in the U.S. during the week ending March 13, surpassing Google for an entire week for the first time, online metrics firm Hitwise said.
Facebook is not Free. It costs time. Plan for 15 - 30 minutes a day.
Facebook Group A group is used by clubs and organizations to engage their members. Connections are called Members *A Group wall doesn’t allow for photo, video, or link attachments. Posts do not show up in a member’s news feed.
Facebook Fan (Business) Page Connections are called Fans
Facebook Site Governance: Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (updated 8/11/09) Section 4, Point 2 “You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain.“
1. The pages are public, which makes them visible to search engines. 2. New content that you create on a page will show up in the newsfeed of fans. Why are Facebook Pages Best for Business?
Why are Facebook Pages Best for Business? Tabs on a facebook page can be customized.
Why are Facebook Pages Best for Business? Pages allow you to create a landing page
Why are Facebook Pages Best for Business? Facebook allows you to place targeted ads that link to specific tabs.
Why are Facebook Pages Best for Business? Facebook provides a page analysis tool called Insights
Before you create a page 1. Get your personal profile in order. 2. Find friends in your area. 3. Become a fan of local pages and participate. 4. Take lots of local photos
How to Create a Page! It’s pretty darn easy. Really. Click on the Ads and Pages Icon. (Left Column) Click on Create a Page. Select a Business Category. Choose a Name. Think carefully about this. Fill in available basic and detailed fields, add photo or logo and a blurb about your business. (Different business will have different fields.)
5. Customize your tabs. Or not. Facebook provides Wall, Info, Photos, Discussions, Reviews, Events, Notes and Video. You can add additional tabs from applications or create custom tabs.
6. Choose your landing page You can select which tab opens for new visitors.
7. Add good content*. Period. *Use links, photos, videos, interesting updates P.S. This is not good content.
8. Find other local pages and make them your favorites When you have 25 fans, select a user name www.facebook.com/username
My name is Drew Warmath. I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to put together the Ledyard CT page on Facebook. My family moved to Gales Ferry in 1964. I moved away in 1990, but my mother still resides on Pine Lock Drive.
I have just spent more than an hour browsing your FB page and your blog at simplyledyard. What wonderful memories I have; from working summers at the Up-Down Sawmill, to driving through 6 inches of water on the "old" Sandy Hollow Road. It's been a delightful journey back through time.
Thanks again! Drew
Tips and Tricks Remove annoying stuff. Post audio to FaceBook from your Iphone.
Coming April 6th Using Online Tools to Save Time and Money Going paperless Creating a custom email newsletter that actually gets read You are your database Showcasing your listings and community on line