Vitamins:A vitamin may be broadly defined as a substance that is essential for the maintenance of normal metabolic function, but which is not produced in the body and therefore must be consumed from a source outside the body. They are necessary elements in the process of converting food to energy and in the growth and repair of body tissue. Reduction of vitamin levels over extended periods can result in vitamin deficiency. These shortages may lead to symptoms which can include loss of appetite, loss of body weight, increased irritability and sleeplessness or constant drowsiness. Deficiencies of this nature can be easily avoided by adequate vitamin intake.Minerals:As important as vitamins are, they are useless without minerals. Minerals provide a vital role in nutrition. Although there is rarely much discussion about the benefits they provide, minerals are considered the "unsung" heroes of nutrition. Virtually no nutritional benefit from the various vitamins would be possible without the assistance of one or more key minerals.There are a number of vital roles that minerals play in the body. It is their non-organic components that initiate the metabolism of protein, carbohydrates and lipids. In addition to their assistance in the metabolic process, minerals aid the regulation of water and electrolyte balance.
Today’s vegetables are notably larger than the produce several generations before, but size does not correlate with more nutrients. Davis writes that jump-sized produce contains more “dry-matter” and dilutes mineral concentrations per pound. Heirloom produce tends to resemble produce from the 1950’s-1960’s era more closely than many GMO produce types, which have primarily been bred for size, cosmetic appearance, and immunity or resistance to the elements to increase total crop yields. This is great news for farmers, but it has major connotations for consumers.
Thanks to the rise of chemical fertilizers and pesticides, modern crops are being harvested faster than ever before. But quick and early harvests mean the produce has less time to absorb nutrients from either synthesis or soil, and minerals like potassium, nitrogen and phosphorus (N-P-K fertilizers) often interfere with a plant’s ability to take up nutrients. Monoculture farming practices have led to soil-mineral depletion, which affects the nutrient content of crops.
A 2004 study found that the ripeness of fruits and vegetables also play a part in their nutrition content. Underripe fruits yield less anthocyanin pigments with notable antioxidant properties.With the rise of commercialized produce, many farmer do pick their produce under ripe so it can endure post production, shipping and still have at least a week on the storefront before it over ripens or rots. Ethylene (C2H4) is a gaseous hormone produced naturally in plants that causes them to soften and ripen. To lengthen the amount of time the produce can be shelved, many farmers use products like EthylBlock or SmartFresh which contain a compound, 1-methylcyclopropane or 1-MCP that blocks ethylene’s action on plants.
Improve Physical and Mental Condition:A daily intake of a good multivitamin supplement can help in improving physical and mental health. It helps to improve general bodily functions and promote overall well being. However, it is important to specify appropriate supplement nutrients for individual requirements. For instance, someone suffering from heart disease would require CoQ10 for preventing that particular condition.Prevent Deficiency:The human body needs 13 essential vitamins. It is necessary to have the vitamins A, B, C, D, E, K, 7, B Complex and B12 for the body to function properly. Deficiency of any of these vitamins can result in illness and many other serious health complications. However, daily intake of multivitamin supplements can prevent deficiency and lower the risk of illnesses or mortality.
Supplement manufacturers often add in a variety of fillers to their vitamin and mineral supplements for numerous reasons. The reasons for using fillers aside, the real problem lies in how these fillers impact your body and health. Simply put, it’s not good.
When combined with OPC and its systemic benefits with blood sugar and reduction of inflammation as well- the foundations are powerful base for Cardiologists, endocrinologists- women’s and men’s health ect
The suggested retail is $139.95. a special offer should be shared that we can guarantee this price by you going on auto-ship and include free shipping to ensure a great foundation and low price. Remember, manually, you can offer an additional 5 to 10 percent discount for autoships from your back office. This is just to remember for leverage because a customer on autoshiop is a guaranteed sale.
1. THE CASE FOR MULTIVITAMINSUPPLEMENTATIONMarket America2013A Healthier U | www.ahealthieru.us
2. These statements have not beenevaluated by the Food and DrugAdministration.This product(s) is not intended todiagnose, treat, cure or prevent anydisease.
3. “NUTRITION IS THE FOUNDATION FOR HEALTH ANDDEVELOPMENT. BETTER NUTRITION MEANS STRONGERIMMUNE SYSTEMS, LESS ILLNESS AND BETTER HEALTH.HEALTHY CHILDREN LEARN BETTER. HEALTHY PEOPLE ARESTRONGER, MORE PRODUCTIVE, AND MORE ABLE TO CREATEOPPORTUNITIES TO GRADUALLY BREAK THE CYCLES OFBOTH POVERTY AND HUNGER IN A SUSTAINABLE WAY.BETTER NUTRITION IS A PRIME ENTRY POINT TO ENDINGPOVERTY AND A MILESTONE TO ACHIEVING BETTER QUALITYOF LIFE.”World Health Organization
4. • Required to activate thousandsof enzyme reactions within thebody• The body’s electricaltransmitters, sending signals toevery cell• Needed to assist vitamins• Help metabolizeproteins, carbohydrates andlipids• Regulate water and electrolytebalance• Help maintain normal metabolicfunction• Convert food into energy• Help growth and repair of bodytissue• Build your immune system• Support the body’s growth• Synthesize hormones• Activate enzymes for properfunctioning of your bodyVITAMINS & MINERALS:WHY DO WE NEED THEM?Vitamins Minerals
5. VITAMINS & MINERALS:WHERE DO THEY COME FROM?Essential vitamins and minerals are commonly foundin fruits and vegetables.Vitamin / Mineral Food SourcesVitamin A Carrots, pumpkinVitamin B2 Mushrooms, spinachVitamin E Avocados, peppersChromium Broccoli, green beansMagnesium Spinach, beansPotassium Bananas, potatoes
6. VITAMINS & MINERALS:DECLINING QUALITY OF FOODSThe average vegetable found in today’s supermarketis anywhere from 5-40% lower in minerals, proteinsand vitamins compared to those harvested just 50years ago.Source: Declining Fruit and Vegetable Nutrient Composition: What Is the Evidence?by Donald R. Davis, Ph.D., Journal of HortScience; February 2009.http://bit.ly/I7NzI8
7. VITAMINS & MINERALS:DECLINING QUALITY OF FOODS• New farming methods(pesticides, etc.)• Environmental factors(soil depletion)• Genetic dilution (hybridbreeds)• 40+ vegetables tested• Proteins: 6% decrease• Vitamins: up to 38%decrease• Minerals: up to 80%decreaseCause Effect
8. “Vegetables and fruits are among the richest sourcesof many nutrients.Past and ongoing efforts to increaseyields, combined with apparent broad tradeoffsbetween yield and the concentrations of perhaps halfof all essential nutrients, work against recent effortsto increase one or a few micronutrients in individualfoods.”Donald R. Davis, Ph.D.
9. IS BIGGER BETTER?• Today’s vegetables are notably larger than thosecultivated decades agoo Contain more “dry matter”o Less nutrientso Dilutes mineral concentrations per pound• Vegetables today are being bred for cosmeticappearance, size and quantity, not nutrient composition
10. GENETIC DILUTIONWhat it is: Selective breeding to increase cropyield, which has been shown to reduceprotein, amino acid and mineral composition incropsThe Broccoli Study: 27 broccoli hybrids were testedfor calcium and magnesium concentrations in1996-97“[The study] reported correlation between mineral concentration andhead weight … [that] were all negative and statistically significantfor both years.”
11. Vegetable Nutrient comparison(today v. 50 yrs ago)ReasonCarrots Vitamin A: 100% increaseIron: 46% decreaseBred for aesthetics (deeperorange color) with additionalbeta carotene, vitamin ABroccoli Calcium: 25% decreaseCopper: 80% decreaseBred to withstand shipping,scientists encouraged morecarbohydrates for structure todecrease crushing.Potatoes Copper: 47% decreaseIron: 45% decreaseCalcium: 35% decreaseVitamin A: 100% decreaseVitamin C: 57% decreaseEnvironmental factors (soilquality, etc.) and farmingpractices (pesticides, yieldgrowth, etc.)
12. INDUSTRIALIZATION OF AGRICULTURERise of fertilizers and pesticides lead to afaster harvesto Less time to absorb nutrients from synthesis and soilo Potassium, nitrogen and phosphorus (ingredients infertilizers) interfere with absorbing nutrientso Leads to soil-mineral depletion
13. POST-PRODUCTION HANDLINGFarmers pick produce under-ripe to withstand:o Post productiono Shippingo Shelf-life at grocery stores, warehouse stores,etc.In addition, plants naturally produce ethylene, ahormone that causes plants to soften and ripen.Farmers use products to block ethylene with the hopeof increasing shelf-life
14. A SOLUTION: SUPPLEMENTATION• Supplementation provides essential vitaminsand minerals needed every day• Certain phytonutrients are impractical to obtainfrom food• Provides noticeable health improvements(increased energy, increase joint comfort, skinhealth, improved sleep, etc.)
15. A SOLUTION: SUPPLEMENTATIONMultivitamin supplements can prevent deficiencies ofvitamins and minerals.Many multivitamin supplements contain 100% ormore of the Recommended Dietary Allowance ofvitamins.
16. A GOOD MULTIVITAMIN PROVIDES:• Potency: The label amounts are actually IN thebottle.• Purity: High quality ingredients and free ofcontaminants, and extraneous binders and fillers.• Rapid Absorption: The rate nutrients are absorbedby the body and can begin working• Adequate levels of vitamins/mineralsImportant to support optimal health
17. BENEFITS OF MULTIVITAMINS• Improve physical and mental conditiono General body functionso Overall well beingo Help reduce stress• Help supplement deficiencies from diet, lifestyleo Human body needs 13 essential vitaminso Deficiency results in illness and health complications• Studies show overall health is improved when taking a multivitamin.• JAMA 2002 advised medical doctors to recommend daily multivitaminsupplements to all patients.
18. FILLERS FOUND IN VITAMINSSome supplement manufacturers often add in fillers to theirsupplements for reasons that include:o Easier and faster productiono More appealing to the eyeo Easier to swallowBut fillers can impact your body and health, as they can havesimilar effects as some additives in processed foods.Also, these fillers can block the absorption of nutrients.
19. ABSORPTION MATTERS!
20. www.ahealthieru.usIT’S TIME TO MAKE A CHANGE – AND PICKTHE MULTIVITAMIN THAT IS BEST FOR YOU!
21. ISOTONIX® OVERVIEW
22. What does Isotonic mean?When the concentration of the fluid consumed is the sameas that of the body’s fluids, then the fluid is described asbeing “isotonic.” At this concentration, nutrients andmolecules essential for proper cell metabolism are mostefficiently transported through cell walls.Why is Isotonic Delivery Important?• Speeds delivery of nutrients to bloodstream• Prevents influx of water into intestinal tract• Prevents discomfort and diarrhea
23. ADVANTAGE OF ISOTONIC DELIVERY• Most pills and capsules require stomach to digest thepill, mix with enzymes, hydrochloric acid, and proteinsto achieve uniform solution.• This process can take anywhere from 40 minutes tofour hours.• During this time, vitamin actives are lost, and importantmicronutrients are trapped by the body, or inactivatedby highly acidic pH level of the stomach.
24. ADVANTAGE OF ISOTONIC DELIVERY• Isotonix products are scientifically formulated to ensurean isotonic state the moment they enter your body.• When properly mixed with water and taken on an emptystomach, the isotonic solution flows into your smallintestine almost immediately.• This means Isotonix products are absorbed by thebody in as little as five minutes.
25. WHY ISOTONIX®?• Ingredients deliver the same concentration ofparticles as found in bodily fluids to improveabsorption• Little nutritive value is lost, making absorptionhighly efficient while delivering maximum results• Fast, but controlled to allow the body to efficientlyshuttle vitamins into the blood stream
26. ADVANTAGES OF ISOTONIX®• Completely free of binders and fillers commonin traditional tablet and capsule products• Clear the stomach at an optimal rate tomaximize absorption• Buffered to protect nutrients from hydrochloricacid degradation in the stomach
27. ADVANTAGES OF ISOTONIX®• Gentle on your system because theysimulate body fluid• Offer an alternative to pills (40% of Americanadults have showed difficulty swallowingpills*)*The survey of 679 adults (513 ages 18-64, 166 age 65 and older)was funded by the US affiliate of Germanys Schwarz Pharma
28. ISOTONIX® MULTIVITAMIN• 100% of vitamins needed for proper nutritionalbalance• Vitamins serve as cofactors and coenzymes forproper functioning of enzymes/metabolicreactions (required components)• Minerals are key cofactors for metabolicprocesses (required components)
29. ISOTONIX® MULTIVITAMIN• Available with and without iron• Exceeds 100% DV for many important nutrients,including:o Vitamins A, C, D, Eo B-vitaminso Zinco Seleniumo Coppero Chromiumo Potassium
30. ISOTONIX® MULTIVITAMIN• Contains a unique blend of complementaryvitamins and minerals with superior delivery ofIsotonix• Supplements dietary deficiencies• Maintains normal metabolic functioning• Provides 22 vitamins and minerals essential foroptimal health
31. • Supports a healthyimmune system• Contains 100% or more ofthe RDA of essentialvitamins and minerals• Promotes the conversionof food into energy• Supports a healthycardiovascular system• Supports strong bones• Promotes skin health• May promote mentalclarity• Helps maintain normalblood pressure• Supports a healthythyroidBENEFITS OF ISOTONIX® MULTIVITAMIN
32. • Helps maintain normalmetabolic functioning• Supplements deficienciesin diet• Promotes healthy growthand repair of tissue• Helps maintains waterand electrolyte balance inthe body• Promotes normalhealing• Supports the body’sability to metabolizefats and carbohydratesand support a healthybody weight• Provides vitamins andminerals associatedwith healthy bodyweightBENEFITS OF ISOTONIX® MULTIVITAMIN
33. ISOTONIX® DAILY ESSENTIALS KITContains Isotonix OPC-3, Isotonix Multivitamin, Isotonix Activated B-Complex and Isotonix Calcium Plus• Provides Vitamins and Minerals• Heart Health• Immunity• Energy and Mood• Stress ManagementSave over$50 whenyou purchasethe kit!
34. THE MARKET AMERICA DIFFERENCESuperior Quality• The best raw materials• Trusted manufacturersGMP Standards• Good Manufacturing Practices• FDA and USDABest Science• Clinical Research• Proven ResultsIsotonic Delivery
35. Nothing is more valuable than your health!It is your responsibility.Start Your Journey Towards Optimal Health Today!