Social media can influence the Sales/NBD funnel. Taking Kotler’s Rational decision-making model. Lets look at how social media can affect the sales funnel from awareness to loyalty.Awareness stage Firstly you need to understand where your clients hang out online, and be there - join forums, blogs, communities etc. For example use twitter to see whose talking about accountancy or tax.Look at competitors, referral networks, local media twitter feeds and follow them. Simple twitter search who’s asking about tax issues etc Research competitors products and services. Sign up to their RSS feedsUse as a broadcast message say update on linked in , tweet, blog post etcMake messages interesting, aim to get articles passed on, shared or retweetedInterest StageGive them something their interested in. Know who you are now showing next step.Give something away to draw people into your content eg blog, article webcast, etcOnce have idea for content, Repurpose it for different channels eg blog article, slides on slidesahre, youtube etcDemonstarteexpertsieAlso about engaing in conversation, answerewuestions, join groups ask questionsEvaluation stageWhat can Social Mediado at the evaluation stage when weighting up others against your firmAsk on twitter why your clients use you, retweet then share their comments and use in offline materialsLook at questions being asked and offer answersRun Live Q&A webinar for exampleRefer clientsInfluence at this evaluation stage is medium, Your services need to stand up to scrutiny for potential clients to move down the sales funnelTrial StageAbout quality of service at this stages but SM can help champion good servicePut newbies in touch with existing advocate customersWhen articles downloaded etc contact them for feedback, do they need a case study on how it works, free trial etcInfluence here is relatively lowAdoption StageMainly p2p sellingQuality of sales forceLoyalty StageInfluence here very highCross sell and up sell oppProvide up to date reminders eg key dates, new services, new legislationDevelop 1 2 1 relationships with customers and deepen relationships, improve serviceSupport loyalty by helping customers out tweet links to customers or rewteet content, provide recommendations Deepening relationshipsEncouraging lock-inFantastic opps at loyalty stage for deepening relationship, increasing customer service.
Promote through business cards, email signatures etc
1. Social Media Marketing<br />Claire Griffiths<br />
2. Presented by<br />Claire Griffiths<br />Director <br />Lighthouse Marketing Ltd<br />Over 15 years B2B marketing experience<br />Accountancy firms for over 12 years<br />Offer strategy, planning, implementation<br />Communications, PR, events<br />Traditional and Digital marketing<br />
3. Agenda<br />Social Media - Fad or Fact?<br />What Social Media are you using?<br />What works?<br />Finding the time<br />Can Social Media sell?<br />Results – can we measure them?<br />
4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLd9q88ohUs&feature=fvw<br />Social Media Fad or Fact?<br />
5. Social Media + Sales/NBD funnel<br />High<br />INFLUENCE<br />Awareness<br />High<br />Interest<br />Medium<br />Evaluation<br />Trial<br />Low<br />Low<br />Adoption<br />High<br />Loyalty<br />
6. Answering our agenda<br />Define a table spokesperson<br />Q1: What Social Media are you using and why?<br />Q2: What works?<br />Q3: Finding the time<br />Q4: Can Social Media sell?<br />Q5: Results – can we measure them?<br />
7. Q1: What Social Media are you using and why?<br />
8. Q2: What works?<br />
9. Q3: Finding the time?<br /><ul><li>What tools used to manage and track social media?</li></ul>You may want to look at:<br /><ul><li>URL Shorteners - bit.ly etc
10. Tweetdeck or Hootsuite
12. RSS feeds
13. Mobile apps (iphone/blackberry)</li></li></ul><li>Q4: Successes?<br /><ul><li>What social media success stories do you have?
14. Share one good practice tip</li></li></ul><li>Q5: Results<br /><ul><li>How are you tracking results?
15. What SM platform performs best for you?</li></ul>You may want to look at:<br /><ul><li>Google analytics/goal setting
16. Google keywords
17. Share buttons egTweetmeme</li></li></ul><li>Social Media summary<br />Fad or Fact<br />Top platforms used<br />Successes and best practice<br />Tools used to manage social media<br />Measuring the results <br />
18. Any questions?<br />
19. How can I help your firm?<br />Contact me on:<br />m: 07845 185143<br />e: email@example.com<br />t: @ClaireGLighthse<br />l: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/clairegriffithslighthouse<br />Fixed hourly, daily, project rates so no surprises!<br />