1. JAIPURResorts in JaipurOne of the finest of planned cities, Jaipur has endlessoptions for architecture and history lovers to explore. Asyou set off on this 260 km drive from Delhi to Jaipur, dotake time to explore your own bit, for a city so rich inheritage has always got something more than you thinkthere is to it.
2. This gate way to the Himalayas, that is just around the holy city of Haridwar, compensates for Delhi’sRISHIKESH high noise levels with its solitude. At a distance ofResorts at Rishikesh around 220 kms from Delhi, Rishiksh, is for travelers looking for adventure, serenity and spirituality by the side of the Ganga. Rafting camps, yogic healing and recreation for groups are just few of the best attractions, while the very ethos of the city spells spirituality
3. JIM CORBETT NATIONALPARKNamed after conservationist JimCorbett, this national park and tigerreserve is at a distance of around290 kilometers from Delhi. Withover 585 species of birds, 488different species of plants, 33species of reptiles, seven species ofamphibians, seven species of fish itis indeed a bio extravaganza.Experience adventuroustreks, safaris, ride on the back of an Resorts around Jimelephant to explore the park and Corbett nationalfind yourself admiring the harmony parkthat echoes in this wilderness.
4. The central axis of the Himalayan range andNAINITAL an abode of lakes is Nainithal, the ravishingResorts in Nainital beauty. It is all that Delhi is not: verdant, serene and pleasant all through the year. Nani Lake, Naini temple, various churches and the high view points of this valley enveloped town are just a few attractions, while the very fact that its soul touching beauty has an inherent power to soothe is what makes people around the world flock to this hill station. A drive of around 265 kms will take you to Nainithal
5. DEHRADUNA drive of around 255kms fromDelhi, Dehradun isflanked by the Ganges inthe east and Yamuna inthe west.While it has a greatproximity to the CharDham. Its picturesquelandscapes and stunningvalley vistas are onlybetter enjoyed withvarious visits to its rangeof divine Resorts aroundtemples, resorts and Dehradun
6. BHARATHPUR Resort around BharathpurTime has come to a standstill in thistown which is contently stay put inthe days of its able Maharajas andthe legacy they have left behind.Bharathpur is a rich town withnumerous temples, palaces andland marks that testify the glory ofits rulers. But the greatness of therulers of this town is exemplified bythe artificial lake they havecreated, that even to this datefeeds the birds of the KeoladeoNational Bird Park. A boat ridealong this lake is also one of thebest ways to explore the beautythis enormous bird park that drawsmigratory birds.
7. ALWARResort around Alwar Formerly known as Ulwar, its name was changed to Alwar when its proud rulers refused to let their state’s name be last in the alphabetic order of the British. Situated at around a distance of 160 kms from Delhi, you could throw in some essentials; take care of bookings and drive up to this town looking forward to experience a city which bears the marks of Rajput and Maratha life styles. Alwar is mergers history and scenic landscapes, with an ease that is sure to leave you in awe
8. MUSSORIEResorts around Mussorie The Queen of hills, who stands at a distance of around 290 kms, makes for the ideal getaway to overcome a week long stress Cloudy vistas that literally touch mountains, high views from hills which make you feel you are a bird falling free from the skies and the mighty Himalays that are gloriously visible, will want you to keep coming back to this wonder town.
9. RUDRAPRAYAGResorts in Rudraprayag Situated at a distance of 360 kms from Delhi, Rudraprayag, which happens to be one among the Panchaprayag, is the town by the banks of the spectacular confluence point of rivers Alakananda and Madakini. It is the magic town where you can see a clear line of separat between both the river bodies although they a united. It is an ideal base camp for all those wh want to go on a short pilgrimage to Haridwar, Badrinath and Kedarnath.
10. SHIMLA Swathed with pine, rhododendron and oak forests, thisResorts in Shimla abode of Neo-gothic and tudorbethan architecture, personifies beauty with each of its snow laden roads and mist covered valleys. Situated at a distance of 365 kms from Delhi, Shimla, an off shot of heaven, offers a lot more than heartwarming beauty although it is reason enough to spend a long spans of time here
11. For a comprehensive listing, log on to Weekend Getaways from Delhi by LifeIsOutside