FACULTY OF COMPUTER & MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES
ITS 450 ( INTRODUCTION TO e-BUSINESS )
- APPLE -
PREPARED BY : NURLIYANA ISMAIL
NUR AFIQAH ROSLI
NUR AZIZAH JAHIMAN
PREPARED FOR : PUAN MARDZIAH HASHIM
• COMPANY FOUNDERS
• COMPANY BACKGROUND
• CORE BUSINESS
• BUSINESS MODEL
• IT APPLICATION
• SUCCESS STORIES
• LESSON LEARNED
• Steven Paul Jobs
• Stephen Gary "Woz" Wozniak
• Ronald Gerald Wayne
Steven Paul Jobs StephenGary"Woz"Wozniak RonaldGeraldWayne
• Apple’s CEO : Steven P. Jobs.
- The architect of many of Apple's amazing products.
- Reason of success : His presentations at Apple's media events are
"electrifying" and revolutionary. Given his superstar image, his status and
health as Apple's CEO ties into how investors value Apple.
• Products :
- Mac n accessories
- Apple TV
• 1976 – Start as a computer company
Software : Macintosh , Adobe
Hardware : Desktop, Notebook
• 2001 - dominant market leader in music players ( iPod )
• 2007 - join phone industry (iPhone )
• Make business in term of service provider
a. core software technologies
- Mac OS X Leopard and Mac OS X Leopard Server
b. Industry-leading email services. No extra charge.
- Mac OS X Server allows you to bring email in-house,
using your own domain name rather than relying on
an ISP to host your email.
•Provide easy-to-use technology
•The selling of their products (Mac, iPod, iPhone and iPad)
•People who willing to pay a bit more for better experience.
•People who like to have fun with technology.
•Music enthusiasts and fans.
•Professionals in media and design.
• Offering education discounts for students and teachers.
• Able to customize the mac according to your specifications.
• Offering a lot of accessories for the gadgets.
• Excellent advertising about their products
• Capitalized on the brand image.
• Market research to understand their customers.
• Arranged technology conferences and speaking
engagements about their products.
• Software and hardware
• The products
• Expertise for each of products
• Marketing and advertising
• Chief Financial Officer
• Chief Operating Officer
• Worldwide Product Marketing
• iPhone Software
• Software Engineering
• Industrial Design
• Mac Hardware Engineering
• Mac OS X Operating system and graphical user interfaces
• iTunes A proprietary digital media player application,
used for playing and organizing music and
• iWork users to upload documents for sharing and
• MobileMe a subscription-based internet suite that
capitalizes on the ability:
-to store personal data on an online server and
thereby keep all web-connected devices
IT APPLICATION (cont.)
• Quicktime Use to watch a video or listen to audio
• Safari A web browser.
• Aperture Use for professional RAW-format photo
Have tools to retouch hotos, organize
library and share work online
• The beginnings of Apple :
- Wozniak assembling a simple built computer machine.
- 1971 : Wozniak 21 and Jobs 16 were introduced to each other by a
mutual friend Bill Fernandez. Wozniak had shown Jobs his simple
built computer machine and this impressed Jobs to the point Jobs
believed he could sell it for a profit.
- both known as outcasts and for the first time they had a great
understanding, admiration and respect for each others abilities,
personality and intellect. They would begin the Apple project by
selling some of their possessions: Wozniak's HP scientific calculator
and Jobs' Volkswagen, they raised $1300 and assembled their first
prototypes in Jobs bedroom.
• The computers were hand built by Wozniak and first shown to the
public at the Homebrew Computer club. After selling a number of
the machines Apple was established on April 1, 1976 and went
public on December 12, 1980.
• Apple has maintained its great success with its ability to understand
what the consumer wants before the consumer even knows what
• Apple effectively creates wants by their constant creative innovation
and unique design which is stylish, user friendly and affordable.
People can easily recognize an apple whether it's the I-Pod, the I-
Phone, the Mac Air or the I-Pad.
• Apple becomes a product that defines one's identity in how they
desire to be seen by society that is a person who is highly
innovative, intelligent, stylish and apart of the in crowd.
• This marketing genius of Apple has seen this company out perform
beyond the business world's expectations. While so many
companies are struggling to break even in the current recession
Apple is getting stronger by the day.
• 2007 : 8.2 Billion
• 2008 : 11.2 Billion
• 2009 :17.2 Billion .
• That is more than a 100% growth in profit from 2007 to 2009.
• Build a product that allows consumers to meet their goals
- facilitates users to achieve or complete thei work.
• Be more concerned about being the best, than being the
- MP3 player was released in1996 while iPod was launched in
2001 ( 260,000,000 iPods sold)
• Be artistic (Steve Jobs has often stated that those working at
Apple are artists)
- the product are unique, elegant, delightful, that please the
user on both the visceral, behavioral, and contemplative
Apple has expanded into a complex company that
specializes in much more than just computers.
Apple has established a unique reputation in the
consumer electronics industry since it is flexible from its
philosophy of comprehensive aesthetic design to its
distinctive advertising campaigns.
The unique characteristic about Apple :
it has a very strong customer base, which is extremely
important in understanding Apple.