7 steps to social media. ROI strategy not tacticsPresentation Transcript
Being strategic in social media Tactics aren’t strategy and do not deliver ROI
Look new tools!Everybody is very excited about social media
But.. what to do with it?Only 25% of managers say that they gained “real, tangible value” from social media* *Social Network Outlook 2010 eMarketer
Because most just experiment!An increasing amount of effort, time and money is spent in social media
Leading to wasted energy and resourcesWithout a clear goal it’s unlikely you will stumble on real value
People confuse tactics with strategyTactics are only to help you deliver a strategy Tactics are not A Strategy
7 Steps to success in social media Without them you are just bashing rocks around What do you want to achieve & why? What’s the best way to achieve those goals? Is social one of them? Frame the strategy Check it answers your goals Now think about the best tools Then plan tactics Post event: Share learnings
1. What do you want to achieve & why?You should only use social media if it is aligned to your existing or new goals = = CAVEMAN CONGA!! = =
2. What’s the best way to achieve those goals?You must know the landscape. Do your research. Build strategy from facts.
3. Frame the strategyKnow you objectives and how success can be measured
4. Check it answers your goalsDoes the strategy meet my needs?
5. Now think about the best toolsIs social media one of them? If so which platform is most effective?
6. Only then plan tacticsMake a plan and stick to it but be prepared for the unexpected
7. Post event: Share learning'sSocial media is new. We are all learning the rules… together. So share!
Remember! What are you trying to achieve? What is the Strategy? Why do I want Fans & followers? What will I do with them once I have them? How do they bring me a value? How can I measure this value?
About MeA passionate advocate of social media and ‘Open Business’ Jamie Burke CEO 90:10 Group Ltd Twitter: Jamie247 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org