2. NEW YORK STATE has all three kinds oflandscapes• Mountains: high relief landformswith distorted bedrock structure.• Plateaus: high relief landforms withhorizontal bedrock structure.• Plains: flat landforms with low relief.
3. Plains are also called lowlands.
4. Plateaus are also called uplannds
5. Mountains are also called highlands.
6. Landscape are primarily caused bytheir underlying bedrock structureand elevation.Hard bedrock resists weathering and formsmountains. Very soft bedrock weathers easily andforms plains.
7. Uplifting and leveling forces also areresponsible for landscapes• If uplift prevails= mountains.• If leveling prevails= plains.