What does it mean? Independent means that : We don’t have to give an account to any other organization or institiution. Transnational means that we are beyond nations, not only inter-national ( in the meaning ) between, but more than this, over the nations. Political: We deal with politics but we don’t belong to any political party. In our organisation it doesn’t matter if you are link or right, komunist or konservative in your personal views as long as you support the federlaist idea you are more than welcome. Of course it is natural that the most of our members are liberal in their views.
So what do we do in order to achieve this : We try to explain to the people and most of the cases young people what is it this idea of European federation, why is it good, why are we going to benefit from it . We explain how people an
1. JEUNES EUROPÉENS FÉDÉRALISTESJUNGE EUROPÄISCHE FÖDERALISTEN YOUNG EUROPEAN FEDERALISTS
2. JEF-EuropeJEF-Europe is an independent,transnational, political youth NGOwith over 30,000 members in 30European countries
3. leading ideaa united, federal Europe based onthe values of peace, democracy andthe rule of law.
4. objectivespromotion of the idea of a Europeanfederationraising European awarenesscreation of a platform of debate foryoung Europeans
5. organizationstructures on the regional-local,national and European levelall members of national sections areautomatically JEF-Europe members
6. structure federal executive committee bureau president vice-presidents every six months members elects 4 individual treasurer sends national members, the SG and treasurer secretary-general representatives elects individual elects president members and vice-presidents regional sections national sectionslocal sections arbitration board auditors european congress every two years individual members
7. European Secretariat Ruben Loodts Lea Sarah Kulick Secretary-General Project Assistant
8. federal committeeWGs and PCs are made up of individual membersand chaired by FC members. They meet twice ayear but work all year round.working groupsbranding – communications, growth – regionaldevelopment, financespolitical commissionsdemocratic deficit,towards the federal Europe,global Europe
9. financesJEF-Europe is financed throughmembership fees of sections,administrative grants from the EuropeanCommission and the Council of Europe,project grants and donations
10. activitiesSection support - political and organizationaltraining seminars for membersWider audience - transnational publicactions and political campaignsLobbying - reaching out to other youthnetworks and lobby European institutions
11. projects & campaignspolitical, promotional and awareness raisingcampaigns and projects
12. seminars and training daystwo international seminars per year(Bratislava in April & Malta in November 2010)many seminars organizedby member sections
13. seminars by member sectionsParis seminarBerlin seminarVentotene seminar
14. lobbyingmany former JEFers in European institutionscontact to MEPs and to the federalistintergroup at the European Parliamentmembership in other youth organisationspress work
15. transnational public actionspublic actions taking place all over Europe onthe same dayexamples...
16. belarus action
17. peace day action
18. vis a free travel
19. europe day
20. I want my flag back
22. www.jef.euOur webzines: www.taurillon.org (FR) orwww.thenewfederalist.eu (EN) or www.eurobul.it (IT)JEF groups/pages on FacebookPhotos on FlickrVideos on YoutubeBasic info on Wikipedia