IMPORTANT POINTS THUS FAR IN THE STUDY• Time is a physical property• Time is the plane that measures the relationship between objects in space held together by gravity• Man sees time as linear but God is outside time and space and sees everything at once• Before time began God knew he would come in Jesus
Apologetics• 1 Peter 3:15: "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear"• Defense = "from logical reasoning"• All our reasoning is built from the living “logos”, i.e. Jesus• The fall created a blindness in our understanding• Revelation is needed to take the covering from our eyes to see the living “logos”.
2 Corinthians 4:3-6"But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled tothose who are perishing, whose minds the god ofthis age has blinded, who do not believe, lest thelight of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who isthe image of God, should shine on them. 5 Forwe do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus theLord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesussake. For it is the God who commanded light toshine out of darkness, who has shone in ourhearts to give the light of the knowledge of theglory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."
Genesis 1:1 “In the beginning God created the heavens and the•"..created..": Bara earth” = "out of nothing ;"to create"• "God,….calls those things which do not exist as though they did"--Rom 4:17• “ Bara” is specific , God created out of nothing, God is separate from His creation• Only God can create, that is call into existence that which had no prior existence• Men make things or form things from that which are already present
“GOD” = ELOHIM• God as creator• In Genesis chapter 2 God will be Jehovah the covenant keeping God• Elohim is a plural form of God• All three persons of the trinity are at work in the creation account• Vs 3: "Then God Said.." = Jesus the Son• Vs 2: "…the Spirit of God was hovering…"
Is creation instantaneous, or is it gradual over time?• Crystals in oldest rocks demonstrated bulls eye effect known as radio halos• Bulls eye = radio activity is an impurity in the rocks themselves• Three things had to happen for the radio halos to form:• 1. Rock had to be liquid• 2. Rock has to be solid to remain• 3. Only happens when radio activity is happening
• Rate of decay ratio for polonium (half- life)• 1. PO-218: 3 MINUTES• 2. PO-214: .000164 SEC.• 3. PO-210: 138 DAYS Dr. Robert Gentry a nuclear physicist
PSALM 33:6&9“By the word of the LORD theheavens were made, And all the hostof them by the breath of Hismouth….. For He spoke, and it wasdone; He commanded, and it stoodfast."
The chicken really did come before the egg!• WHEN GOD CREATED THE EARTH, HE MORE THAN LIKELY CREATED A MATURE EARTH. HE CREATED THINGS IN THE MIDST OF TIME ALREADY WITH AGE BUILT INTO THEM. EXAMPLE: ADAM; ANIMALS; PLANTS; TREES; ETC., ALL MATURE
"…the heavens and the earth.”• Heavens = space; shamayim; often plural• Heavens literally means: elevation…a place that is higher in order, i.e. as opposed to solid• Earth = matter; erets or land as opposed to water• The word often represents the whole surface of this planet and when put together with the word heavens describes the entire physical creation and everything in it.
Gen 1:2"The earth was without form, and void…."• “Was”—hayah• In 98 percent of its occurrences hayah is translated as was and not became, or had become as some have used it• This verb indicates more than simple existence or identity; rather, the verb makes a strong statement about the being or presence of a person or thing
• The prophets often used hayah to denote God’s intervention in the future, by using this word, the emphasize upon…the underlying force, i.e. God that will effect the future events.• The verb hayah simply stated is concerned with the state in which things are, and the force who is effecting change by direct action upon things• The earth had not become "without form, and void" but was without form, and void before Gods direct forceful action upon it
GAP THEORY REFUTED• Scofield Reference Bible supports the "Gap Theory"• Gap between Genesis. 1:1 and Genesis 1:2• Creation time not given therefore could be billions of years• First creation was for angels when angels were in charge of planets and this is when Lucifer fell and took his fallen angels with him
• God needed to recreate the world from its fall from the angels rebellion• Gap theorist not only place a huge emphasis upon the word hayah as "had become" but also upon the word `asah "made" as "recreate"• Fossils are reminder of this time• Gap Theory is a theological disaster:• FOSSILS EQUAL DEATH; NO DEATH BEFORE ADAM MAKES GOD RESPONSIBLE DEATH, PAIN, AND SUFFERING (ROM 5:12, I COR 15:21)
without form, and void…."• “Without form”—tohu• “And void”—bohu• Tohu: Formlessness, confusion, unreality, nothingness• Bohu: Emptiness• Jewish rabbis noticed by the formation of the wording in Genesis 1:1&2, that the proceeding verses would result in the formation of God’s house, and then the filling of his house.
Isaiah 45:18 "For thus says the LORD, Who created the heavens, Who is God, Who formed the earth and made it, Who has established it, Who did not create it in vain, Who formed it to be inhabited: "I am the LORD, and there is no other."• GOD DID NOT CREATE THE EARTH IN VAIN BUT TO BE HOUSE FOR MAN AND THE ANIMALS FOR HIS DIVINE
Gen 1:2 "and darkness was on the face of the deep."• "Deep" = waters• "face of the deep"= "face of the waters = a watery matrix• “And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters”—vs. 2• "…The Spirit of God”= the energizer of the universe• Two types of forces on matter = electromagnetic spectrum and gravitational forces
• 2 Peter 1:2: The Spirit of God energized the prophets• Col 1: 15-17: Could it be that what we know as gravitational forces is actually the Person of God?• The compass of the world needed to be set, and had not yet happened; the elements of matter and molecules of water were present but not yet energized; the forces of gravity had not yet been functioning to pull together the particles into a functioning form
Proverbs 8:24-31"When there were no depths I wasbrought forth, When there were nofountains abounding with water.Before the mountains were settled,Before the hills, I was brought forth;While as yet He had not made theearth or the fields, Or the primal dustof the world. When He prepared theheavens, I was there, When He drew acircle on the face of the deep, WhenHe established the clouds above, WhenHe strengthened the fountains of the
When He assigned to the sea its limit, So that the waters would not transgress His command, When He marked out the foundations of the earth, Then I was beside Him as a master craftsman; And I was daily His delight, Rejoicing always before Him, Rejoicing in His inhabited world, And my delight was with the sons of men."• "Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit says the Lord…" Zech.
Babylonian map of the worldProbably the oldest map yet found dating. Thistablet dates from the 7th-6th century BC anddepicts the world as a circle surrounded by waterand with Babylon at its center.
Genesis 1:2 And the Spirit of God was hovering "As an eagle stirs up its nest, Hovers over its young, Spreading out its wings, taking them up, Carrying them on its wings…" Deut 32:11• The imagery painted in verse two is that God is a loving protective creator brooding over His young assuring their success and growth into maturity as they take their first steps. How can we fail?
• A person who wants to do a study of the Holy Spirit does not start at acts 2, but here in Genesis verse 2.• .."for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." Phil 2:13• "What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all
"Who shall bring a charge againstGods elect? It is God who justifies.Who is he who condemns? It is Christwho died, and furthermore is alsorisen, who is even at the right hand ofGod, who also makes intercession forus. Who shall separate us from thelove of Christ? Shall tribulation, ordistress, or persecution, or famine, ornakedness, or peril, or sword? As it iswritten: "For Your sake we are killedall day long; We are accounted assheep for the slaughter."
Yet in all these things we are morethan conquerors through Him wholoved us. For I am persuaded thatneither death nor life, nor angelsnor principalities nor powers, northings present nor things to come,nor height nor depth, nor any othercreated thing, shall be able toseparate us from the love of Godwhich is in Christ Jesus our Lord."Romans 8:31-39
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.