1. Our song is an Indie rock song, we plan to target the stereotype of‘Hipsters’ and ‘indies’ as these are the similar style to the peopleappearing in our music video. We have made a love song, which ismost appealed to these stereotypes, as the rock genre seems tobe more about heartbreak and depression but we are focusing onthe moving on from breakups. So, in order to find out how to targetour specific audience, I have done some research into exactly whatthings our audience is into…
2. WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE HIPSTER?‘’ Hipster: somebody who self-expresses in a way that doesn’t fit into previouslyaccepted social or subcultural categories’’ – Thehipstereffect.comTo be Hipster is to strive to be an individual and break away frommainstream, they have tendencies to borrow items from past groupssuch as Ray bans from Beatniks. Hipsters tend to put a lot of effort intobeing different, and tend to appear over confident in being different, forexample, not listening to a band that has become ‘mainstream.’ Theyare also likely to have the latest fashion and technology.
3. ‘COMMODIFICATION OF DISSENT’Hipsters usually borrow items from previous time groups suchas Beatniks, however, in their efforts to find individuality theyactually bring the olderitems back into mainstream, meaningthat their fashions stay individual for ashort time.
4. Skinny Jeans (rolled up) Check shirt Band T-shirts Piercings, such as tragus, helix, Converse Vintage style lips and nose. high-tops Vest tops Vans Tattoo’s
5. Vintage wrist bands Tattoo’sHigh- Tops Band T-shirts Hair accessories e.g. bandana vans Highwaisted skinny jeans denim shorts. Piercings, such as tragus, helix, Converse lips and nose.
7. How I met your mother Big bang theory Friends Whitney SkinsRules of engagement The Inbetweeners New girl- American sitcom
8. Depending on where they live, but they would go to quite small placeswhere the gigs are held, for example the Waterfront in Norwich. This isbecause they feel individual so the gigs wouldn’t be too large as most of thebands are not too famous. It would be quite chill out but still upbeat andnot too expensive.
9. Our fans would be high tech, but it would seem like they have older things as theyprefer the more vintage things such as Polaroid camera’s. However most will havephones such as Blackberries or Iphones, as they like to go on social networkingsites such as facebook, myspace, Skype, and most importantly Tumblr as they loveto share their own photographs etc.