The images I took for for practise edits are
here and I used these to create a background
for my spine.
These are the
experimentations that I
created with the images seen
on the previous slide. I used
the programme Photoshop
CS6 and worked with the
colour look up tool to work
I layered the images on top
of one another and used the
blending tools overlay and
lighten to get these effects
before adding the different
I feel these are a good
connection to my imagine
digipak however I feel that
they are far too sharp for the
genre and the style of music
video that I have chosen therefore I will be adjusting these so they are a lot lighter for my final product. After I
have produced this I will then work on text and labels.
I took this picture on the left from Google.com after typing in ‘scribbles’ and
applied it to a crop of a compilation I made earlier to produce this final
outcome above. I was experimenting with the styles as I have incorporated
a drawing technique and style throughout the whole of my ancillary text.
I have experimented with these because it is keeping continuity throughout
the course of creating my ancillary CD album pack.
I wasn’t very keen on this idea therefore decided to use a different style of
background for my music album spine and began to experiment with other
features and filters in Photoshop.
The background above is one that I created in order to have a more softer tone that would match my genre of
music as well as the colour scheme I have set with golden tones and darker shades of yellow. Using something
more plain I feel is more appropriate for my music album. I have got a pop song that I have changed to an
acoustic styles bonus track therefore this would be a preferred representation of my genre instead of
something too bold to contrast with the style of song choice.
The labeling of the spine
Once I had created the background for the spine I wanted to make sure I had a professional,
conventional label for the text. I used the dafont.com product changes that I had previously
used for the rest of my album to produce the title and artist names. I had applied the music
label that my artist is signed to within my work and also the reference number of the album.
I looked at the same album of Britney Spears that I did for the back cover reference for the
style of reference number for my digipak spine.
By placing the writing on the background I have created for the album spine it will complete
the spine however I feel with the thin black writing it could become buried and burned into
the background colours. Therefore I would have to up the exposure and lower the contrast
of the back image in Photoshop by going to Image > Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast and
also Exposure. As well as this I could invert the labels layer so that the writing is now in
white and can be more visible to the audiences eyes.
I decided to keep the inversion of the writing and up
the exposure of the background to get my final