Added bylaw revisions. Problem was development on its own line, so I moved the location piece up.
What is PRSSA?
The Public Relations Student Society ofAmerica (PRSSA)
is a pre-professional organization for college students
interested in public relations and communications. PRSSA:
• Seeks to advance the public relations profession.
• Advocates for ethical principles, professional
development and diversity.
• Serves 11,000+ students at 300+ Chapters in the United
If you want experience and a
• PRSSAprovides the chance to gain experience
that translates to a real-world job.
• PRSSAkeeps you informed with the latest
industry news, trends and job postings.
• The PRSSAand PRSAnetwork provides
and meaningful connections.
Why become a PRSSA member?
• Enhance your education
• Broaden your network
• Launch your career
• Gain real-world experience
Potential employers find value in applicants with PRSSA
leadership experience. PRSSAleaders can:
• Work with a variety of members and fellow leaders
• Serve at the Chapter level
– President, vice president, secretary, treasurer, PR director and
other positions available
• Lead a student-run firm or take an active role
on an account
• Network, learn and interact
with students from around
• Travel the country for events:
– National Conference
– Leadership Rally
– Regional Conferences
– Professional development, networking and awards dinner
– National Committee elections, bylaw revisions and leadership
development. Location tobe announced at National Conference
• Past event locations:
– San Francisco, Charlotte, Orlando, Seattle andAustin
Competitions + Campaigns
• By participating, you can:
– add to your portfolio
– gain real-world experience
– work with high-profile clients
– win prizes and awards
– Bateman Case Study Competition
– Organ DonorAwareness Campaign
– Starbucks Frappuccino Campaign
Scholarships + Awards
• Earn recognition for your accomplishments
– Chapter and individual awards
• Fund your education
– Nearly $30,000 available
• Opportunities for every student:
– Graduate and undergraduate students
– Leaders, interns and mentors
– Minority students
News + Intelligence
• Read and submit Chapter News
– Feature your Chapter’s accomplishments and
• Stay current with industry news by
– PRSAIssues &Trends
– News updates from PRSSA
– Biweekly Update emails from the National
• By writing for PRSSA, you can:
– Add to your portfolio
– Earn recognition in national
– PRSSA’s online newspaper
– PRSSA’s blog
• Browse career resources and job hunting tips
• Search for internships by region or city
• Post your résumé for employers to view
• Gain access to the PRSAJob Center
• Find internship openings for each semester
• Transition to PRSAfor the discounted rate of
just $60 for anAssociate Membership.
• PRSAis a network of more than 22,000
– Chapters around the country
– Professional Interest Sections, including New
Professionals, Nonprofit and Entertainment & Sports
Join PRSSAtoday and experience the benefits:
– Enhance your education
– Broaden your network
– Launch your career
• Chapter President: Lauren Frock, @frockl
• Vice President: Marilyn Perkins, @marilynmarie93
• VP of Records: Regina Fischer, @ReginaPolska
• VP of Public Relations: Jenna Ooley, @jenooley
• VP of Finances: Kenneth Martin, @KPMartin83
• Social Media:
– Twitter: @UNTPRSSA
– Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/UNTPRSSA
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings & Involvement
– Mondays @ 7pm in GAB 337
• Get involved:
– Help us participate in the Walk to EndAlzheimer’s
on Sept. 21
– Ask us how you can help!
We Want Your Feedback!
• Put your name and email address on the top of
• What are you hoping to gain from joining
• Is there any way we can help you this
Thanks for coming!
We hope to see you again next week!