2. Finding Google Scholar <ul><li>Google Scholar is accessible to the public at http://scholar.google.com . or </li></ul><ul><li>It can be accessed through the UB Libraries’ site. </li></ul>
3. Finding Google Scholar at UB <ul><li>From the library’s homepage, click on the “Databases by Title” link. </li></ul><ul><li>Sort results by title and to find Google Scholar under the “G’s”. </li></ul>
4. Getting Started Type a keyword into the basic search box or click on “Advanced Search” for more searching options.
5. Advanced Search Enter keywords into the various advanced search fields to narrow results.
6. Advanced Search Limit your search to a specific author, publication or time period.
7. Advanced Search Find more relevant information by limiting results to a specific field of study.
8. <ul><li>Find other papers similar to the search result </li></ul><ul><li>by clicking on the “Related Articles” link. </li></ul>Search Results
9. Search Results Click on “Cited by” to expand your search by receiving a list of all sources that cite that work.
10. Obtaining Information Click on the title of the search result to open full-text PDF.
11. Obtaining Information <ul><li>Click on “Find it at UB” to connect to UB’s catalog, Bison. </li></ul><ul><li>Click on “Library Search” to connect to Worldcat and a list of nearby libraries with the source. </li></ul>
12. Search Tips <ul><li>Use a (+) symbol before a word to include a word that Google normally omits. </li></ul><ul><li>Use a (-) symbol before a term to eliminate that term. </li></ul><ul><li>Put a phrase in quotation marks to search for an exact phrase. </li></ul>
13. Search Tips <ul><li>Use an asterisk (*) for a wildcard search. </li></ul><ul><li>Enter a tilde before a search term to find results with synonyms of the term. </li></ul>