“Empowering the People”
• “We work with poor people”
• “We influence powerful people”
• “We join hands with all people”
Oxfam Vintage, Preston
• Established July, 2005.
• All profits made are
given to the Oxfam
• One paid manager,
• 20 Volunteers.
The Antiques Clothes Show
• Helen Shaw told us that she wanted to
raise awareness of the Preston branch
amongst UCLAN students.
• The best way to do this would be to hold a
free exhibition/fashion show in the local
student club – 53Degrees.
The Antiques Clothes Show Cont …
• 53Degrees - can be sectioned off with a
- sound system
- large open space
• Known for playing
Shelly Unwin in
- well known amongst students!
• She has done lots of charity work,
mainly for Comic Relief.
• She is from the local Lancashire area.
Date & Time
• Wednesday September 26, 2007.
- Freshers Week!
• Doors open - 7:00pm.
• Doors close – 11:00pm.
• All students who attend The Antiques
Clothes Show will get free entry into Lava
• 7:00pm – Doors open.
• 7:30pm – Guests allowed to browse through
• 8:30pm – Helen Shaw to give brief speech
and introduce Sally Lindsay.
• 8:35pm – Sally Lindsay to introduce fashion show
and announce competition.
• 8:45pm – Fashion show begins.
• 9:30pm – Browse and time for refreshments.
• 11:00pm – 53Degrees closes
• After show party continues on at Lava and Ignite.
• In each section there will be:
- Display Boards
• There will be music complimenting
each era playing in the background.
1940s & 1950s
• Marilyn Monroe
• Audrey Hepburn
• Katharine Hepburn
• Cary Grant
1960s & 1970s
• The Beatles
• Farah Fawcett
• The infamous peace
1980s & 1990s
• Jason Donovan
• Kylie Minogue
• Spice Girls
• Kate Moss
• Jude Law
• Sienna Miller
• David Beckham
Purchases & Donations
• Clothes on show will have a code, can be
purchased in store the next day.
• First come, first serve basis.
• All donations are welcome, collection
buckets will be easily accessible
throughout the evening.
• Win £50 worth of Oxfam Vintage
vouchers to spend in the Preston store.
• Blog of no more than 50 words – why you
should win the vouchers.
• Deadline – October 3, 2007.
• Helen Shaw will decide on the winner.
• There will be two types of
- Press - Handmade
- Green & Cream theme
- Students - Freshers packs
Further Press Activities
• The event will be publicised on university
• Podcasts will also be made to publicise the
• Fortnightly updates to all students.
• 53Degrees website.
• Posters around university.
Thank you for listening!
On behalf of Oxfam Vintage, we
hope you enjoy The Antiques
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.