Other includes midshipmen and non residents =5Total = 26639 youth, 25 senior, 174 reg, 23 assoc, 2 mid, 3 non res
Other is Portland French School, French American School, OWSA, MJCC, etc.
Began teaching at Portland Yacht Club in 1991. Continued sailing career as program manager/director at University of southern Maine, American Yacht Club, SailMaine, PYC, etc. First started talking with Steve in April.
Oral Hull Foundation: 29 sailors from all over the country-visiting Portland for an adult camp. French American School: 9 kids for week long camp. Even Kitzhaber’s son was here.
3 of the 9 are non-members. All participated in the summer camps.
1. Willamette Sailing Club<br />A Year In Review<br />2009<br />
19. Media Coverage<br />Oregonian’s A&E<br />September “Top 10 Urban Adventures”<br />Portland Family May 2009 <br />“Sailing into Teamwork & Competition”<br />
20. Programs<br />Learn To Sail<br />Junior Racing Program<br />High School Sailing<br />
21. Learn To Sail<br />
22. Learn To Sail<br />New Registration System<br />Powered by US Sailing’s Regatta Network<br />Decreased paperwork<br />Improved convenience of registration and payments<br />Flat fee of 5% for all transactions<br />
23. Learn To Sail<br />2009 Offerings<br />420 half day camps for ages 13 to 18<br />Opti half day camps for ages 8 to 12<br />Women’s beginning class<br />Beginning and advanced classes for adults<br />Beginning racing class<br />
24. Learn To Sail<br />Fun Fact<br />60 Sailors Participated<br />Fun Fact<br />Sold Over 20 Punch Cards<br />Friday Family Night<br />
52. Junior Racing Program<br /><ul><li>9 Kids sail Optis
53. Meet 3 times per week for practice
54. Goal is to teach racing and help them prepare for regional (national?) competitions
55. Transition to High School Program</li></ul>Coach Steve Williams<br />
56. High School Program<br />
57. High School Program <br />30 high school kids from 13 Schools<br />Meet 3 times per week for practice<br />Well organized and committed parent volunteers<br />Coaches Bill Symes and Kyle Eaton<br />Parent Program Coordinator Elaine O’Flynn<br />