Be the first to like this
Sims 3 Crashing on MAC, How to Fix it
Sims 3 crashes on MAC due to various reasons such as low system specs, corruption in cache files & custom content and other crossover utilities running Windows programs on Mac OS X.
Below are outlined some helpful steps through which you can fix Sims 3 crashing on Mac.
· Check System Specs
· Remove Cache Files
· Delete Custom Content
· Rename User Files
· Create New User
Check System Specs
If Sims 3 is crashing on Mac, match your system specs with following requirements.
· Processor: Intel Core Duo Processor
· Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.7 or higher than of that
· Minimum RAM: 2 GB
· Hard Disk: 6.1 GB of available hard disk and should have an additional GB for custom content
Remove Cache Files
Corrupted data in Cache files can crash Sims 3 on Mac. These cache files are temporary files to load certain information for Sims 3. Follow the instruction given below to remove cache files.
1. Navigate to The Sims 3 folder in Documents.
2. Click on Users | Username | Documents | Electronic Arts | The Sims 3
Delete Custom Content
Sims 3 crashing on Mac could be due to custom content that is conflicting with version of Sims 3. Temporarily delete custom content by applying steps given below.
1. Open Mods Folder
2. Mode folder is found in [Documents | Electronic Arts | The Sims 3 | Mods | Packages]
3. Copy Mode\Packages, CUT
4. Create another folder on Desktop
5. Paste copied information in newly created folder.
Rename User Files
It could be User files causing Sims 3 to crash on Mac, Follow the procedure given below to rename User Files.
1. Open Folder from Documents\Electronic Arts
2. Rename file “The Sims 3” to S3_Backup
3. Restart system.
Create new User
You should try creating entirely new account to prevent Sims 3 crashing on Mac. Follow the steps given below to create new account.
1. Click on Apple Menu
2. Click on System Preferences
3. Select Users and Groups from View menu
4. Authenticate as Administrator if its padlock
5. Click on + Sign under user accounts
6. Select Type of account | Select Administrator to add Sims 3
7. Add Gaming Account against Full Name
8. Choose Password.
9. Click on Create User
10. Restart Mac, using through newly created account.
11. Try playing Sims 3 using this account.