1. SRB551- SPORT SPONSORSHIP   PREPARED BY: NURSYAFIQAH BT SALAMAT (2011570387)NORHASRIANI BT MUHD NOR (2011556703) NUR AQILA BT ROSLAN (2011175543) NUR SHAFIKAH BT SHAARI (2011175409)MUHAMMAD AZRUL NIZAM B. ZAINAL ABIDIN (2011309519)
2. 1. 2. 3. Shape Communicate Heighten commitment consumer to a particular visibility attitudes lifestyle Ø  Sponsored property Ø IndividualizedØ Wide represents for communicationexposure of brandswith Ø Opportunitiesevents huge are divisible byØ Vast publicity advertisement age,income,opportunities budget geography and Ø Image driven gender
3. 4. 6. 5. 7. Business to business Differentiate Entertain Merchandising marketing: product from clients opportunities incenting competitors the trade Ø SponsoringØ Compeon   offers Ø Marketers needfor  shelf  space   Ø  Sponsor for to have relevant opportunities forØ Sponsorship of hospitality promotions for categoryall types can be opportunities consumers at the exclusivityused to incent Ø  Networking point of purchase Ø Platform forwholesalers, (P-O-P) creatingretailers, dealers currency withand other customersintermediaries inthe distributionchannel
4. 9. 8. 10. 11. Combat larger Achievement Showcase advertisement Drive of multiple product budgets of sales objectives attributes competitors Ø Promoon   sales   Ø  SponsorshipØ A1enon  to   Ø Technique offers theproduct  beneﬁts   Ø  Cost   used such as possibility ofØ Demonstrate   eﬀecveness   fund-raising achievingproduct  in  acon   effort around its several goals sponsorship, at once giving free admission or pass with the purchase of the products
5. •  Originally, sponsorship domain of beer and tobacco company but nowadays, the biggest users include packaged goods, retail and ﬁnancial services.•  If a company have an activation and over servicing, it will produce sponsorship and advertising.
6. Most active business categories in sponsorship Category   sporng  goods     7%   10%   media   retailer  7%   banks/ﬁnancial  services   telecommunicaon   9%   8%
11. 5) Differentiating From 6) Gaining Recognition inCompetitors   a Market  " To counteract other Ø Used sponsorship to gain competitors by sponsoring. recognition in the market" Goal – Increase visibility, dominated by larger companies target audiences often for certain brand. perceive sponsorship in a Ø While in the packaged goods positive way. market the primary brand is the   product, in services the entire company becomes the brand.
12. 7) Developing a bonding 8) Bypassing legal constraintsbetween consumers, distributorsand/or employees• Intention to boost the morale of v More of oblique use ofits employees. sponsorship.• Exclusively to impress clients v Others eg: polemical(e.g. Visa sponsorship of the products, clutter, zapping inRugby World Cup in 2003, was medias and the increase ofamong others things, used as a leisure time devoted to sportsplatform for an extensive (Meenaghan, 1999).employee reward andmotivation scheme worldwide).
14. 1)  S t r e t c h i n g   t h e   3)  I n c r e a s i n g   c o m m u n i c a 3 o n   m e r c h a n d i s i n g   budget.   ac3vity  v  Eg  :  Jom  Heboh   v E . g .   s i g n i n g   a n     a g r e e m e n t   t o         become   the   “Oﬃcial   2)      Promo3ng  repeat   S o c   D r i n k ”   f o r   purchases   Marathon-­‐100Plus     v Objecves:   v     E.g.  arranged   i)  To   increase   sales,   for  free  admission   shares,  proﬁts   privileges  by   ii)  T o   p r o j e c t   t h e   purchases  other   image  in  the  minds   products   of  consumers.