1. Winterin Lithuania By Ieva, Tadas, Povilas, Almantas 2012
2. WeatherThe climate in Lithuania can be describedas typical European continental influencedclimate with warm, dry summers and fairlysevere winters. January is the coldestmonth with daytime temperatures usuallyaround -7°C, but in some cases wintermonths can be quite colder withtemperatures far below zero, about -23°Cor lower and strong, cold northeasterlywinds.
3. Celebrations in Winter• Christmas Eve;• Christmas;• New Year;• Three Kings;• St. Valentine’s Day;• The Independence Day;• Shrove Tuesday;
4. Christmas EveIt is cleberated on 24th December and thisevening is the most wonderful evening inthe year. We decorate Christmas tree,have family supper and try to spend alltime of this evening with family inLithuania.
5. Christmas Eve MagicOur grandparents made predictions onChristmas Eve. They tried to know whowould be their love, who would be luckynext year and more stuffs.
6. Christmas Eve FoodLithuania has got special Christmas Evecookies.There must be at least 12 dishes on thetable in the Christmas Eve. We can’t eatmeat.
7. ChristmasWe celebrate First Day of Christmas on25th December. In the early morning kidsget up and go to see what Santa Claus leftunder the Christmas tree.
8. New YearChristmas is family celebration and NewYear is outgoing celebration in Lithuania.
9. New YearPeople wait for the midnight because theywant to see fireworks and start a newyear.
10. New YearSome people stay at home, some go tofriends and wait for the midnight to shootfireworks .People go to restaurants, parks, townshalls, streets to celebrate New Year withother people in towns.
11. Three KingsWe celebrate Three Kings Day on January 6.
12. Three KingsThree men go to each house and writeKMB above the door to save houses fromevil. KMB means the names of threeKings.
13. St. Valentine`s DayWe celebrate St. Valentines Day on February 14.
14. The Independence Day• We celebrate this day on 16 February.
15. Shrove TuesdayShrove Tuesday is a merry carnival. It iscelebrated on Tuesday, the eve of AshWednesday, to mark the winters end. Thetraditional figures in the carnival are theloan Kanapinis (the Hemp Man), Lasininisthe Fatty .