2. The masthead has been done isSans Serif font which is bold andclear therefore eye catching andeasy to read.The masthead “TOP of the POPS”suggests to us that the magazine isbased on the best of POP music. When purchasing the magazine the reader gets free gifts in this case it’s a book and make up thisOther pictures – The cover of will convince a person to buy thethe magazine consists of a magazine as they will feel like theirrange of celebrities who could getting more for their money.be classed as “teenheartthrobs” it suggests to the People - They have used Onereader the the genre of the Direction as the main image onmagazine is to do with music as the front cover as a result thisthey have included images of would attract their fans and musicmany artists. fans and also aspiring singers to purchase the magazine.Words – the text on the frontcover tells readers whats Colour - The main colour usedinside the magazine such as on the front cover is pink whichfriendship, style secrets and is a feminine colour thisromance. They have used suggests it is aimed at females.different artists such as RitaOra, Justin Bieber and Font – The masthead font isCheryl, which will attract fun and fancy this may bedifferent people. used to attract females.
3. The demographic profile of the magazines readers are preferably female, attend school and have low to mid income within categories D + C.The psychographic profile is mainstream, the most popular singers/celebrities are used to attract people who follow the trends.
4. The target audience for the TOP of the POPS magazine is aimed at young girls. They are able to achieve this through the content, colours and images.Boys 13%Girls 87%Age range 11-15 years(Sources: ABC Jan-Jun 2012, Youth TGI Spring 12)
5. Pop music Film Posters Cosmetics Fashion PerfumeChart information Computing goods Star gossip Fashion labels Beauty advice Quizzes Song lyrics
6. Launch date: February 1995 Genre: Pop music Multiplatform: no Readership: 331,000 Frequency: WeeklyCirculation figures: 78,325 Price: £2.99 Pages: 56