2. Crime in the light <ul><li>Our film is going to be about a young teenage boy (Billy) who wants to join a gang and earn money with the crew but the gang wants him to show them that he was worth being in the gang so they told him to rape a young teenage girl (Rachael) to show that he was cold hearted and ready for the years to come, Billy agreed to rape the girl. when he had finished he pulled the jacket off her head and realised that it was his cousin Rachael laying there helpless, Billy was frightened and afraid, didn’t no what to say or what to do so he ran of to the train station, leaving the crew watching Rachael lie on the floor. All of this is a flash back from him being at the train station. </li></ul>
3. Analysis of questionnaire <ul><li>We handed out a questionnaire to do with our chosen Genre which was 'Crime and Drama' and these are the results that we gathered up.There were 23 people that participated in our questionnaire 12 were males and 11 were females. </li></ul><ul><li>The genre that we have picked was very popular to the teenagers at the age of 16 upwards, they loved this genre because it gave them entertainment and also surprised them on the type of things that appear on the films. This genre normally focuses on the lives of teenagers today that ’ s why teenagers really enjoy watching this genre. </li></ul><ul><li>From our questionnaires we had good ideas of what we could call our film and we really liked the idea of ‘ crime in the light ’ because teenagers are now thinking they are like gods that they can do things in daytime and still get away with it. </li></ul><ul><li>This film was set out near a field were it lead to an alley were the young teenage girl gets raped. The location that we have picked is very open showing the characters that they do not really care what would happen to them if they get caught doing something they are not supposed to be doing. </li></ul>
4. Our Questionnaire
5. storyline <ul><li>The story begins when Rachael calls Billy to talk to him in school, telling him that he doesn’t need to prove anything to the gang, but Billy doesn’t listen to her and goes of. Later on Billy goes to speak to the gang asking them whether he could join their crew. The gang wanted to test him first before he was in. they set him a task to rape a girl in the alley, not knowing who it was but when he realises he goes crazy and runs off to the train station. </li></ul><ul><li>The good thing of about this film is that it gets you wondering what is going to happen next, even though you could guess what it is going to happen you would keep on watching. </li></ul><ul><li>Billy talking to his cousin earlier and finding out that he had raped her puts him in a position that would make him want to do something terrible. Him doing this puts the audience in his position and they start thinking of what they would do if they were Billy. It gets the audience thinking it will end up tragically. The dressing of the gang is very street, they come out as thugs than casual teenagers. Billy’s dressing is quiet simple and casual doesn’t really look like his a thug, same goes to Rachael, she dresses like a typical teenager. </li></ul><ul><li>A similar film to this genre is ‘ Law abiding citizen ’ this relates to our movie because in the opening scene thugs burgle a man ﾕ s home and rape his wife, the similar conventions allow us to explore the theme of violence and abuse. Another film that is similar is ‘ Kidulthood ’ this explores teenage life in the capital and how gang culture effects teenagers. </li></ul>
6. Actors Billy: This character is a very good person but wants respect and earn money with made men, his a very hard worker and is well educated. Special D: This character is the gang leader who gives orders for the crew to follow, he has the decisions for the crew. Always wants to make money. Rachael: This character is Billy’s cousin, she goes school just like Billy and is also smart, she’s the one that tried to change Billy’s mind into not going to the gang. Shaun: this character is a normal thug who is always on doing stupid thing quiet reckless and irresponsible. He is mostly like a follower. TJ: This character is like the leaders assistant, he makes the decisions with Special D. very intelligent and smart.
7. Shot list
15. Unique selling point <ul><li>In our film we have tried to make the film as interesting as possible, it was quiet hard finding what type of genre we wanted to do, but realizing that this genre was easy and interesting to people we came up with some strong ideas from many sources, the first idea came from a tune of an artist called ‘immortal technique’ who wrote a song about young teenagers wanting join crews and the other idea came from the movie ‘Law Abiding Citizen’, this movies about a two men braking into a mans house and they rape his wife and daughter, at the process they say “you cant fight fate” this gave as the idea to create a film that is similar to this but with teenagers, nowadays these things are very relevant to teenage pupils. </li></ul>
16. This is our script the dialect of our characters would be informal and will speak in street ‘slang’ “Ayt cool” . We have chosen to make our characters to speak like this so Our target audience can relate to the characters. The accents will Be distinctive as the characters will be speaking in a London accent this immediately Indicates were the film is set also. The accent also tells the audience how the characters are represented. Script
17. Location This location is Turkey street train station where Billy will run to after he has raped the girl (Rachel) This location is lea valley school, we used this because to show that they are still at school and that they are young teenagers. This location is Turkey Street park where Rachel will be walking down before she is raped.
18. Location This location is where Rachel will be dragged into by Tj and shaun This is the location where Rachel gets raped by Billy
19. Target Audience <ul><li>Our target audience that are attracted to Crime and Drama is between 16-25 </li></ul><ul><li>The sex that is most attracted to Crime and Drama is male because from our questionnaire it shows that more boys were interested in the this Genre and they recognised more Films then the females did. </li></ul><ul><li>Our Actors are mainly students so they would fall in the category D, but this also may attract C1 and C2 as the older Audience may work. </li></ul>
20. Allocated Roles <ul><li>Our allocated roles are: </li></ul><ul><li>Camera person: Paige logie </li></ul><ul><li>Director: Mohammed Osman </li></ul><ul><li>Actor: Mohammed Osman, Mohammed Ahmed </li></ul><ul><li>Editior: Paige Logie, Mohammed Osman, Mohammed Ahmed </li></ul>
21. Costumes The costumes that will be worn by Billy and Rachel contrast as in one scene there are in smart/casual dress then the next day Billy has on more informal clothes on same as Rachel. However the crew members do not change and are in the same clothes throughout the movie. We decided that the crew will be wearing hoodies and tracksuit bottoms, this is stereotypical as these clothing are associated with gangs.
22. Sound <ul><li>We used several different sound tracks our first track we used was called Battle for when Billy was at the train station at the beginning and at the end of the film </li></ul><ul><li>The second sound track that we used was called Breathe easy. We Used this for when Rachel was walking down the path way in turkey street before getting raped. </li></ul><ul><li>The third sound track that we are going to use is called downtown Manhattan. </li></ul><ul><li>Other sounds that we are going use are; a heart beat, Heavy breathing and a fast tempo beat </li></ul>
23. Production Schedule part 1
24. Production Schedule part 2
25. Thank you for listening to our presentation Feel free to ask any questions