1. Regional Map for Realignment ofService Areas for Economic Development
2. • Partnership between local and regional economic development agencies and the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC). The Councils purpose is to provide strategic direction and programmatic input to the MEDC senior leadership team.• Intended to help advance the state of Michigans economic development through strengthening the relationships, leveraging the assets and improving the flow of communication and project management between the MEDC and local partners.
3. To align state resource providers1. Company receives multiple visits from various service providers2. Eliminate duplication of services3. More effective/efficient access to resources4. MEDC focus on regional/local priorities
4. Current Projects• Salesforce (Pilot)• Pure Michigan (Marketing)• Deployment of ResourcesProjects in Development• STEP Grant• Revolving Loan Fund• Rural Projects
5. Amy Clickner - Marquette County Kathy Reynolds - Alger CountyKristen Claus - Sault Ste. Marie Laurie Jasmin - Schoolcraft CountyNancy Douglas - Menominee County Beth Allen - Ontonagon CountyPhil Musser - Keweenaw County Vicki Schwab - Delta CountyRoy Kemppainen - Village of Baraga Bruce Orttenburger - Dickinson CountyCathi Cole - MEDC Donna LaCourt - MEDCCarmen Pittenger - Luce County Kathy Noel - Chippewa CountyBob LaFave - Village of LAnse Lois Ellis - Marquette CountyJulie Melchiori - Iron County
6. • Salesforce rollout• Location One Information System• Exporting• Legislative advocacy/alerts• Shared marketing portal• U.P. wide Talent Portal• Live it U.P.