2. Challenges & opportunities of working with:•Limestone Coast Food Group•Limestone Coast Food and Wine Group•South Australian Food and Wine Tourism GroupFrom a:•Small Business experience•Zema Estate experience•Personal experiences
3. Top 10 Most Remote Places in the World New South Wales Victoria Limestone Coast South Australia
4. Wine and Food Tourism – what is it and why bother?“Wine and food tourism encompasses travel primarily motivated by, orcharacterised by, wine and food leisure experiences that derive from specificproduction, social or cultural dimensions of a destination” Winemakers Federationof Australia (National Wine Tourism Strategy)• The tourism industry contributes $33 billion a year to AUS GDP• In 2009, international and domestic overnight winery visitors spent a total of$7.1 billion ($5 billion international visitors / $2 billion domestic visitors)• 46 cents in every tourism $ is spent outside our major cities• In 2009 660 000 international visitors went to at least one winery during theirstay in Australia (approx 13% of total visitors) and International wineryvisitors have been increasing at a faster rate than total international visitors(average annual rate of 6% compared to 2%)•Domestic overnight winery visitors increased at an av rate of 3% since 2000,despite a decline in the total domestic overnight market during this period• Winery visitors spend more on average than any other visitor
15. Winemakers DAFF - makers Tourism (National Food Federation of Australia Plan) AustraliaSAWIA SATC PIRSA Food SA GWRDC RCSARegional Regional Regional Regional Dev Tourism Council Food Group Wine AssAus/Ass Ass Local organisations and groups Food, Wine and Tourism businesses & producers $, time, ?
16. Who staff’s these groups, committee’s and DAFF - Winemakers Tourism organisations? Who makes things happen in these (National Food Federation of Australia communities? Cost? Plan) Australia Travel time? Volunteer time?SAWIA SATC Costs? GWRDC RCSA Other ...Regional Regional Regional Regional Dev Tourism Council Food Group Wine AssAus/Ass Ass Local organisations , groups and communities Food, Wine and Tourism businesses & producers