1. Teen Night atthe LibrarySorensen LibraryWednesday July 28, 20127pm – 11pm
2. Planning Planned with the help of the Teen Advisory Board (TAB) TAB group selected the date & suggested ideas Staff coordinated everything else Asked Region/Executive Office for approval of after hours activity. Submitted outline of activities.
3. Security Worked with Regional Office to ensure: Custodial staff to come later Have security the day in case of a large group HVAC/light schedules
4. Planning Promote and sign ups Flyer in the library SRP flyer & sign ups Teens sign up providing name, phone number, emergency contact Staff scheduled for event: CLM, Library Assistant & Library Page
5. Planning Activities Glow-in-the-dark Decorate the Teen CD cases/picture area. frames Make your own Book trailers pizza Movie Fingerprint mystery Snacks! scavenger hunt 100 things picture
6. Planning Region Teen Services Cricut machine Glow-in-the-dark paint Butcher paper Flip Cameras Button Maker Green Screen FOL Vinyl paper Snack money Supplies Collections Tape “Red riding hood” CD cases requested.
7. Day of EventFive activity stations 1. Art Activity Teen Area 2. Make your own pizza in the kitchen 3. Fingerprint scavenger hunt in entire library 4. Art activity in meeting room 5. Book trailer camera set up
8. Day of the Event Teens sign in Survey/Comment Ice breaker/teams sheet at the end of Activities event Souvenir button Teen document Parents picked up event with Flip camera kids Photo release signed by parents
9. Art Activity
10. Pizza Making
11. Book Trailers
12. Glow-in-the-Dark Art Activity
13. Night at the Library
14. Conclusion Survey results: good, more snacks, hide & seek and more time at the library. Cost $100 - $120 (All on snacks) Lessons learned More staff/volunteers Order pizza instead of making Adjust activities according to time allotted. Do it all over again?