• Education was traditionally offered only to boys, under the Buddhist custom and highly regarded 전통적으로 캄보디아의 교육은 불교 문화로 이루어 졌으며 교육을 중요시 하는 국가였습니다.• There was a library (the storehouse of knowledge) central to each temple at the Angkor Wat앙코르와트 절들 중심에는도서관들(지식의 창고)이 있다.
Following French colonisation, the Khmer Rouge regime(Pol Pot’s communist leadership 1975-1979) destroyed theeducation system in Cambodia:프랑스 식민지배후, 크메르 루그의 지배로 인해 교육시스템이무너졌다: were closed and others - Many schoolsturned into prisons such as the TuolSleng prison많은 학교들이 문을 닫고, 그중 많은학교들이 감옥으로 사용되고 있다. 예)토우슬랭 감옥.- Many educated people and teacherswere executed such that only; 50 of the725 university instructors, 207 of the2,300 secondary school teachers and2,717 of 21,311 primary schoolteachers survived the regime.많은 지식인들과 선생님들이 처형을당했다.
• The education system of Cambodia today still suffers from having to re-build everything that had been lost during the Pol Pot years캄보디아의 교육시스템을 재건하는 일에 있어 캄보디아는여전히 어려움을 겪고있다. - High rate of illiteracy at more than 40% - 문맹률 40% - Over-age school enrolment - 적정나이 이상의 입학 - High drop-out rates - 높은 자퇴률 - Poor quality of teaching and learning -낮은 수준의가르침과 배움• Structure of education is similar to ours with; six years of primary, three years of intermediate and 3 years of secondary schooling.캄보디아의 교육과정: 초등과정 6년, 중등과정 3년, 고등과정
• Problems faced by the Cambodian education system can be primarily attributed to the shortage of resources and teachers.캄보디아 교육의 문제점:교육자와 교육자원 부족• Government annual expenditure on education is very low at just 1.6% of Cambodias GDP, where most western countries spend around 5.5% to 6.4%.캄보디아의 교육예산은캄보디아 GDP의 1.1%로
• Classes are under-equipped and often run without textbooks or pen and paper – “chalk and talk” style of teaching predominates대부분의 학생들은 교과서,펜 그리고종이 없이 수업하고, 단지 분필로적으면서 말하는 형식의 가르침이 주를이룬다.• With a shortage of qualified teachers and classrooms, there are approximately 60 students per class정식교사의 수가 현저히 적어 한반의60명정도의 학생들이 같이 수업한다.
• School grounds are not maintained and some schools do not even have access to clean water학교건물들의 관리는 매우나쁘며 간혹 몇 학교들은 깨끗한물을 쓸 수 없을 정도로 열악하다.• These factors hinder learning and decrease student motivation and incentives to study – thus compromising their education and future hence preventing them from escaping poverty이런 열악한 환경으로 인해
• Corruption “Teachers sell copy papers or lesson paper and students who don’t buy the paper will receive the low mark... Students pay teachers in national exams. If they want to pass they need the money”부정과 부패: 선생님들은 국가고시의시험지를 팔며 시험지를 사지 않은학생들은 낮은 점수를 받게된다.Teachers in Cambodia are earning merely US$20 to US$50 amonth, they resort to collecting informal school fees of $0.02 to$0.05 per day from students to supplement their salaries. Thisfurther deters children from attending schools as they cannot affordto pay for the informal school fees.
• Competence “Some teachers dont come to teach on time. They are absent without permission. Many students cannot even write Khmer in the class, they can’t read or write. The education in Cambodia is very low.”능숙도: 선생님들은 제시간에 수업에 들어오지 않으며무단결석으로 인해 많은 학생들은 모국어인 크메르를읽거나 쓰지 못하는 경우가 많다. Due to the shortage of teachers in Cambodia, teachers employed often lack proper training. Most teachers in Cambodia, especially those in the more remote areas had not even completed their secondary education.
• Compassion “The principal should have more interest in the lives of students” (as lifelong disciples and leaders of the future)… the librarians are rude and therefore some students do not want to go to the library”긍휼: 교장선생님들은 학생들의 생활에 좀 더 많은 관심을가져야 한다. 일생의 제자와 캄보디아의 미래 리더를키운다는 책임감을 가지고. 또한 학교사서들의 무례한태도들로 인해 학생들의 도서관 출입횟수가 줄어드는 일도없어야 한다. Such desperate circumstances rob teachers of the space of heart to truly care for students, as their primary concerns are for their immediate survival.
• In 2009 Cambodia has a tertiary enrolment rate to 10%2009 년 에는 대학 입학률이 10%였습니다• Lacks world recognition and is currently not acknowledged by QS World rankings (ranking of the world’s top 700 universities)현재 QS 세계 700 등수 안에들지못하고 있읍니다• Higher education institutions are mainly located in major cities. Hence, students have to bear the cost of transport and living expenses in addition to their school fees• Example of another barrier to higher education
Teaching is an important part of our ministry as itis an opportunity to;free the students from a generation of poverty, topreach the teacher that Jesus was,and to reach out and heal students’ broken faith inthe education system and restore hope.Teaching*Preaching*Healing* MC 2012
Gostou de algum slide específico?
Recortar slides é uma maneira fácil de colecionar informações para acessar mais tarde.