View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
S. KUTTU NARAYAN AIA, LEED A.P.
1721 Lost Tree Lane (704) 408-0633
Charlotte, NC 28226 email@example.com
DIRECTOR OF ARCHITECTURE
Seasoned leader, astute project manager and licensed architect with over 20 years of experience
with projects in construction, facilities and process management. Well versed in strategic planning,
budgeting, and architectural design. Senior Leader with proven ability to initiate critical strategic
projects and lead cross-functional teams to design, test, communicate and implement key initiatives.
History of building and developing strong architectural and real estate teams, and partnering with
business leaders in achieving key performance measures.
ARCADIS-Charlotte, NC 2004-2008
Director of Architecture
Creating winning proposals and leading teams to design and manage large-scale commercial
architectural and interiors projects. Managing client relationships and presenting proposed projects.
Interacting with municipal authorities regarding building and zoning code issues. Responsible for
design, development and construction documents for various projects at this 12th largest engineering
firm with over 12,000 people globally. Helping to build an architectural department for this publicly
1) Adams Mark Hotel Site, Charlotte, NC: Led a design team to create schematics and feasibility
studies for a mixed use development consisting of 1,600 residential units, flanking an outdoor
esplanade. The project also included doubling the existing office building and renovating an
2) Mail processing center and parking deck, Wachovia Bank, Charlotte, NC: Led a team to design and
managed client contacts for a new 55,000 sf mail processing center with 650 car parking deck on 3
3) Chapel, Moyock, NC: Designed a chapel for 250 persons. Building included a choir loft, a museum
and a sacristy. The design accommodates the Chaplin’s desire to be able to expand the structure to
hold over 500 persons in the future.
4) Panda Restaurant Group, NC. Managed architectural team to design fifteen Panda restaurants in
various locations through-out the Carolinas and Georgia. Refined prototype and adjusted plans to
fit various sites, both ground up pad-sites and as end-caps to an existing mall or building.
5) Uptown Village, Charlotte, NC. Master-plan for the north end of uptown Charlotte, to include over
500,000 sf of office, 500 residential units and 100,000 sf of retail space with
KN Properties, LLC-Charlotte, NC 2003-2004
President / Owner
Founded real estate investment firm in the fall of 2003.
Bought and sold residential properties, using creative financing techniques.
Financed and acquired several dilapidated cottages, rescued from demolition by removing code
violations. Gut–rehabbed units and put them back on market for resale.
Wachovia (formerly First Union Bank) - Charlotte, NC 1997-2003
SVP - Projects Process Leader Wachovia Bank, 2001-2003
Led cross-functional teams to design, develop, test, communicate, train, and implement real estate
project management processes.
Increased efficiencies by creating consistency, uniformity, repeatability, and standardization for
project managers through development, documentation, and implementation of a standard and
uniform project approval process, integrated w/technology and aligned with corporate needs.
Led Project Processes managers to initiate, create, and document processes by engaging
representatives from different departments to contribute to design, testing, communication, and
implementation. Process led to better decisions, greater transparency and predictability, reduced
confusion and mis-steps.
SVP – Co Regional Director, First Union National Bank, 1999-2001
Managed “Out of Footprint” (OOF) region by creating new team to ensure delivery of real estate
solutions to First Union Businesses within OOF Region. Entailed supporting 6MM square feet and
600 locations worldwide.
Selected to direct OOF team to ensure that newly acquired firms of Wheat First and Everen were
being serviced adequately. Created team of 20 real estate professionals to handle fast-paced
demands of Wachovia Securities (WS) and to assure business and financial efficiencies as planned.
Managed expectations and relationships of senior leaders of WS.
Led teams to design and implement a uniform WS space and furniture standard to reduce costs,
expedite projects, manage expectations of brokers, and create uniform quality across WS location.
SVP - Relationship manager/Program manager, Wachovia Capital Markets, 1997-1999
Recruited by Managing Director of Operations of Wachovia Capital Markets (WCM) to head up
facilities department and form team to provide space solutions and accommodate rapid growth. Served
as senior relationship manager and point of contact for heads of businesses.
Oversaw planning and coordination of capital projects budget of over $120 MM, including
establishing major new offices in New York City, San Francisco, and Boston. Coordinated
facilities staff with IT, CRE, WCM business units, brokers, and outsourced providers.
Evaluated and planned for impact of mergers (Signet, Wheat and CoreStates) on utilization of
space and balanced real estate city strategies with preferences of businesses to provide workable
NatWest Markets (NWM)-New York, NY 1995-1997
Project manager – Owner’s rep / Consultant
Owner's representative oversaw the planning, design, bidding, contracting and execution of the
relocation of NWM’s headquarters. Advised in the planning, design, and build-out. Negotiated with
the business heads to define requirements and get agreements for the new expanded spaces. Evaluated
and assisted in the selection of professional realtors, architects, engineers, and technology consultants.
Successfully coordinated the team of professionals to move over 1,000 employees with no
operational disruption within a budget of $40MM.
Selected to lead architectural design and management of new facilities to maximize the use for
different business groups. Selected and implemented CAD system for the design and tracking of
TKV Architects-New York, NY 1989-1995
Started an architectural firm with two partners in New York City, focusing on residential and
commercial interior design. Managed projects, produced bid documents, and oversaw construction.
Performed feasibility studies and space planning, produced design and contract documents.
Maintained client contacts and negotiated contracts. Managed office operations.
1) NWM, New York, NY: 30,000 sf of office space, including expansion of data center.
2) Dilorenzo Residence, Pearl River, NY: Addition of a second story to existing residence.
3) Dept. of General Services, New York, NY: Staten Island Library, ADA compliant elevator shaft and
4) NYC School Construction Authority projects: Rehab and renovation of 8 NYC Public schools.
5) Userfriendly, New York, NY: Interior design of two stores, one of them located in the historic
6) 10 Metrotech & Fox Square, Brooklyn, NY: Design for the revitalization of Fox Sq.for Forest City
7) NYC Housing Authority, New York, NY: Competition design of an 11-story residential bldg.for the
Perkins Eastman Architects-New York, NY 1985-1989
Project Architect – senior designer
Designed and managed a number of large-scale commercial projects. Managed client relationships.
Attended community board meetings and presented proposed projects. Interacted with municipal
authorities regarding building codes and zoning issues. Responsible for design, development and
construction documents for various projects at one of the most prominent commercial architectural
design firms in the U.S.
1) Poughkeepsie Commercial Center, NY: Design for a 5-story 60,000 sf commercial bldg. with 3
levels of underground parking space.
2) St. George Seaport, Staten Island, NY: Master plan for a new mixed use development with 2,100
residential units and a 250,000 sf commercial mall on top of 2 ½ levels of parking.
3) NY Foundling Hospital, New York, NY: Schematics and design development for a 14-story
144,000 sf of mixed-use health care facility.
4) Harborwatch Marina, South Norwalk, CT: A grouping of 4 buildings to be used for retail, office,
residential & boat servicing on a narrow lot.
5) Columbus Place, Stamford, CT: An RFP competition, partnering with Trammell Crow for 400
6) Yonkers Condominiums Yonkers, NY: Schematics for a 2 phased - 600 housing units on the
7) Mott Haven Mall, Bronx, NY: Feasibility study and master plan for a retail mall on 20-acres above
Kohn Pedersen Fox Architects-New York, NY 1980-1985
Architect – designer/draftsperson
As studio team member at this internationally recognized and award winning firm I worked in various
phases of these projects: schematics, design, development and construction documents for projects
1) Lincoln Center, Minneapolis, MN: Construction documents for a 31 story, 750,000 sf office.
2) 1111 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL: Design for a 25-story twin towers, on an 8-story parking/retail
3) 200 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT: 6-floor mixed-use new commercial building.
4) 135 East 57th Street, New York, NY: Design and development for a 34-story, speculative office
5) P & G Headquarters, Cincinnati, OH: Design and working drawings for 823,000 sf office spaces.
6) Singapore Stock Exchange: Mixed use Competition Entry.
7) General Reinsurance Corporation Headquarters, Stamford, CT: Construction Documents for
566,000 sf of corporate space.
8) 300 West Monroe St., Chicago, IL: Schematics and design development of a 54-story office.
Licensed Architect – NY, NC, SC, TN, MS, AL, LA, CO, IL, GA, FL, TX, OH, AZ, OK, VA.
LEED A.P. – 3/2007
B.Arch. Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY, National Dean’s List.
B.A. Rutgers College, New Brunswick, NJ – Biology.
Additional courses taken: Project management. Diversity Training. Powerpoint II. Powerbuilder
computer programming. Trading Futures & Options. Real Estate Sales. Figure Drawing.
TEACHING / LECTURES / GRANTS
New York School of Interior Design, New York, NY, fall 1992-1996.
New York City Technical College, Brooklyn, NY, fall 1988, 1990-1992.
Visiting Design Critic
“Beethoven’s Country Cottage”, juried National Student Competition, NIAE, summer 1991.
Lehigh University, spring 1991.
New York Institute of Technology, fall 1990.
Leningrad University, Russia, 1989, High rise architectural design.
“Design USA” an exhibit of the USIA - Leningrad, USSR, 11/1989. Architectural specialist-in-
residence with focus on High-Rise design.
PUBLICATIONS and COMPETITIONS:
Procter & Gamble Headquarters, Cincinnati, OH, Kohn Pedersen Fox 10/1983 and 10/1985.
General Reinsurance Corp. Headquarters, Stamford, CT, Kohn Pedersen Fox 10/1983.
Architectural Record publication
Jil Sander boutique showroom, Paris, France, Gabellini Associates, 1993.
Lobby; R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. Headquarters, Winston-Salem, NC, Berg & Forster 1/1983.
AIA’s Architecture magazine publication
Lincoln Center, Minneapolis, MN with Kohn Pedersen Fox, 5/1988.
“Peace Garden” – Traveling exhibit, Washington, DC, 1989.
“New American House” organized by the Walker Art-Museum, Minneapolis, MN, 1984.
“Conceptual Furniture”, 1983.
“McDonalds” prototype national school competition design entry – Honorable mention, 1978.