Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO)
Perfect solutions on time, anytime!
Global FPO also provides knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) services. We help clients
streamline operations, reduce costs and enhance business efficiencies through global sourcing.
We have extensive experience and insight from consulting, migrating and executing thousands
of large and complex business functions and processes in a global delivery framework.
In the new knowledge economy, organizations around the globe are facing great challenges
like the shortening of process-time for introducing products and services into the market and
shortage of professionals in various knowledge-intensive high-skill sectors. We enable you to
support the core functions of your business with our efficient and reliable KPO solutions.
We are a single stop shop with extensive domain knowledge for KPO needs of an organisation.
We operate with a focused differentiation strategy to enable enterprises to shorten design-to-
market lead times, efficiently manage critical processes, augment organizational effectiveness
in business administration and provide various financial researches.
Why Global FPO?
• Use of proprietary modeling tools
• We incorporate live market data into all the levels of our analysis
• Experienced and skilled team of credit research analysts
• Data security: high levels of security at the hardware/software level
• Daily, weekly or fortnightly reports, depending on your requirements
• Reports on numbers, analyses and recommendations
The KPO services provided by Global FPO can be broadly categorized into:
A. IFRS, US GAAP & Indian GAAP advisory services
B. Research services
A. IFRS, US GAAP & Indian GAAP advisory services
The Local Accounting Standards Board of various countries has announced that IFRS will
replace current Local GAAP for publicly and non-publicly accountable enterprises in a span of
1-3 years in various countries.
The transition to IFRS is an accounting-driven exercise; however, its impact extends beyond
the Accounting Department and often requires significant changes to business processes and
information systems. For these reasons companies are strongly encouraged not to
underestimate the amount & technical complexity of work involved.
Global FPO has an established IFRS taskforce, which has worked with large, multinational
companies on full IFRS conversion as well as assisting smaller companies in assessing the
impact of IFRS and dealing with conversion issues.
How Global FPO can help
As advisor, we assist with:
1. IFRS, U.S. GAAP and Indian GAAP opinions
We provide various IFRS, U.S. GAAP and Indian GAAP opinions for the accounting and
related issues to various organisations. We help our clients in taking accounting treatment of
various issues as per Accounting Standard issued by ICAI/ FASB/ IASB. Further, we take in to
consideration the industrial practice where no written guidance of appropriate authorities is
available. Our services include:
• We perform technical research and maintain appropriate documentation to support our
technical conclusions and its application.
• Facilitating compliance with current and ongoing SEC/ ICAI/ FASB/ IASB/SEBI and any
other local GAAP reporting requirements, as applicable.
• Creating or updating policies to establish and communicate new and ongoing accounting
and reporting objectives
• Coordination with external auditors and other third parties to facilitate the efficient
review and signoff of final deliverables
2. IFRS Conversion
• Early diagnosis of major differences
• Initial IFRS Impact Assessment
• Project support
• Tailored training programmes
• Full IFRS conversion
Global FPO can assist you through this process. Our detailed transition methodology is a four
phase approach that includes:
• Preliminary and detailed assessment of Local GAAP and IFRS differences including an
assessment of IFRS 1 exemptions
• Design and detailed conversion planning including establishing a steering committee and
project team and providing preliminary IFRS training, developing a communication plan
and working through required systems changes
• Implementation and testing including the finalization of new accounting policies,
implementing IFRS 1 and implementing system changes
• Post implementation review including the review of IFRS financial statements, and
reviewing all changes in reporting and financial statement close processes
3. Preparation of financial statements as per IFRS, U.S.GAAP and Indian GAAP
We assist our clients in preparation of financial statements as per Indian GAAP/U.S.GAAP/
IFRS, based on requirements of the entity. Further, we help our clients in making
appropriate disclosure as per requirements of statute, accounting bodies and trade practice.
Our services include:
• Preparation of full fledged financial statements
• Cash flow statement
• Deferred tax reconciliation
• Equity statements
• Preparation of notes to account as per the requirements of the relevant GAAPs either
comprehensive or separately such as relating to Leases, Property plant and
equipment, Intangibles, Business combinations, Goodwill, Investments etc.
• Consolidation of various subsidiaries, joint ventures, SPV etc.
• Inter-Company elimination
• Accounting for merger, acquisition and other business combinations
B. Research services
Research Services includes the following:
1. Banking Research Services
• Corporate and Retail Finance support
• Corporate Credit Research
2. Financial Research Services
• Investment Services
1. Fixed income macro strategy
2. Fixed income modeling
3. Risk modeling
4. Derivative pricing
3. Insurance and Specialty or High End Finance and Accounting Research Services
4. Economic and Financial Research Services
• Established and emerging research and analytics
• Foreign exchange research
• Creation and introspection of research based economy analytical models for prediction
of trend variations across multiple spectra.
5. Industry Financial Research Services
• Industry trends with analyst reports
• Financial research models.
6. Business Financial Research Services
• Business intelligence and benchmarking studies
• Creation of business databases
• Business database research and analysis
7. Company Specific Financial Research Services
• Creation of company profiles
• Model development and maintenance
1. Capital structure analysis and research
2. Covenant analysis and research
• Research and Analysis of company financials
8. Financial statement analysis
We can provide you with an in-depth analysis by analyzing your balance sheets, income
statements, statements of retained earning and statement of cash flows. Based on our
financial statement analysis, you can learn more about the financial condition of your
business in both the long and short terms. Simply send us your financial statements and we
will analyze them for you. Choose Global FPO as your partner for financial statement
Financial Analysis Services
Financial analysis is the integration and analysis of information stored in financial systems and
other critical data sources across the organization. Furthermore financial analysis makes use
of techniques to determine the mission performance and monetary accountability information
of an organization. These techniques include calculating ROI, Ratio analysis, Break-even
analysis, and preparation of Cash flow and Funds-flow statements, Cost/benefit analysis.
Initially financial outsourcing services were limited to back office functions but with faster and
more accurate interpretation of financial data, the scope of financial services has grown to
encompass high-end jobs including equity analysis, financial research, investment analysis and
Adding to this financial analysis outsourcing increasingly is being used as a tool not only for
cost savings but also for business transformation, enhancing service levels, reducing
expenses, increasing stakeholder value and gaining a greater competitive stronghold in their
Scope of Financial Analysis Services Provided
Our financial outsourcing services are used by Financial Institutions & Banks, Fund managers,
Broking houses & Investors and individual organizations.
Our financial Analysis services encompass the following segments:
• Financial Research - Equity, Currency, Fund, Interest Rate research, Risk Management
• Economic Research - Country reports, Sector outlooks
• Business Research - Industry, Competitor, Supply Chain analysis, Executive summaries
• Financial Knowledge Management - Examination Content modules for Internet based
training, simulator questions for testing situations.
• Financial Product Development -Conducting model development, simulation & back testing
activities to for specific performance attributes.
Our financial analysis services include:
• Analysis of financial statements- monthly, quarterly and annual management reports
• Analysis of Prospectus and Offer Documents
• Analysis of Portfolio structures
• Financial Research & Analysis
• Outsource- Financial ratio analysis, break-even analysis, and NPV and IRR analysis.
• Corporate Financial Statements
• Ad-hoc reports (fact books, competitor analysis)
• Board of Directors and audit committee presentations on financial results, EHS compliance
• Creation and maintenance of databases and libraries
Vertical Methodology of Financial Analysis services:
• Entrant analysis and five-force theory enterprise valuation at industry, market and
• Segment information: financial analysis of segment revenue, peer group reviews and
nearest rival analysis.
• Internal Business indicators: financial analysis of key internal metrics
• Consolidated margin bridges and balance sheet variance reports
Finance Research Reports Services
Financial services comprises of low end activities such as accounting and bookkeeping to high-
skill activities such as preparing finance research reports, finance market research etc..
Financial services research and finance market research requires a high degree of expertise,
skill sets, qualified manpower and a strong process. Based on these criteria, you can choose
from among the hundreds of financial research firms that operate in India and in other
outsourcing destinations worldwide. Global FPO has a dedicated division which caters to
customer requirements in the financial research domain. With a highly skilled team of MBAs,
PhDs and Engineering graduates along with a robust outsourcing process, we have been able
to provide small and big companies with accurate financial research reports.
Financial reports & financial research services
We offer these custom financial reports as part of the service bouquet:
1. Financial modeling
Financial modeling analysis uses a model or a simulation to represent financial reporting data.
This complex method involves analyzing various parameters of financial operation and then
deriving meaningful data from them. These include assessing expenditures or forecasting a
budget. We can spare you the cost of spending on skilled staff and the technology necessary
to carry out financial modeling.
2. DCF (Discounted cash flow) analysis
Discounted cash flow analysis is a popular method used for generating value in a future
investment– an asset, project or another company. Future expenditures are estimated and
they are ‘discounted’ to arrive at the present rates of these expenditures. DCF analysis is
particularly useful in financial research because they provide with a way of gauging how much
investment needs to go into valuing a particular asset, project or a company.
3. IPO (Initial public offering) analysis
IPO analysis is carried out to analyze the movement of various stocks in a financial market.
Though not completely accurate, IPO analysis can track your stocks as well as your
competitors stocks. It can give insight into the market performance of a particular company’s
stock and the reasons for the up or down movement.
4. Credit research
This service includes capital structure analysis, debt maturity profiles, ratio analysis, debt
covenant analysis, risk profiles and the analysis of off balance sheet exposure.
5. Technical analysis
Technical analysis attempts to forecast future prices of products or services by studying past
data – mainly price and volume. Global FPO can carry out extensive technical analysis to
predict market conditions, financial health and pricing decisions for the future.
6. Business & investment environment assessment
This financial research service involves scanning the business and investment environment to
give insight into areas in which a financial institution can take measures – investing in a
particular market or divesting from it, introducing new products / services or gearing up for
the competition. Irrespective of the size of the company, assessing the business environment
is essential in taking critical business decisions.
Business Research Services
Business research is a potent tool for any organization. If you are a small business, business
market research can shed light on where to invest and where to cut costs. Unlike market
research, business research focuses on your competitors, their products, services, strategies
etc. These two research methods can help any business to strategize based on numbers and
not just by intuition.
Business research services can help you:
• Uncover your competitors for a particular offering
• Analyze their sales / marketing strategies
• Show growth trends and forecasts for a particular product / service
• Estimate the market size through competitive analysis
• Find new business opportunities where competition is less or non-existent
Small businesses need business competitive analysis and research as it will help to zero-in on
tactics to promote their products and services. Unlike research conducted by large firms,
business research can be a cost effective investment to chart a growth path for your company.
Conducting a business management research requires meticulous planning, execution and
reporting. Global FPO has been providing business research for small businesses around the
world and has extensive experience in methods that bring in valuable information back to you.
Here’s a list of the business research services that we provide:
1. Business competitive analysis: Competitive analysis can provide you with
intelligence on who are your competitors, their customers, economic health,
demographic information and product related information. You can use this information
to get ahead of your competitors
2. Business market research: Market research is the basis of any organization. It can
give you information on your target market, customers, market size, similar products
and their growth and other similar factors. Based on the outcome of the market
research you can make changes on how to package your product / service and decide
on the strategies needed to take it to the market
Research Process at Global FPO
Here’s a summary of the process that is being followed for our business research services:
1. Research goals: The first step of the research process is to finalize the goals of the
research project. All subsequent activities follow the goal(s) and are planned for,
2. Creating the research plan: A detailed research plan is drawn, which comprises of
the target audience for the research, and the tools needed. The research plan varies
with each research project
3. Information collection: Information is collected from the target audience through
means such as questionnaires, e-mails, online surveys, online focus groups and field
surveys. The collected information is stored in a database which is further used for
4. Analyze the information: The collected information is then subjected to statistical
analyses such as Regression analysis, ANOVA, Cross tabulation etc. This provides
findings into various relationships in the collected data
5. Reporting: The final stage of the research process involves presenting the information
in graphs, charts and self-explanatory tables. These are intended to help the end-user
of the research report to assimilate the findings of the research project easily
Investment Research Services
Investment Research can be defined very broadly as a process that contains one or more of
• The results of research into a designated investment or its issuer
• Analysis of factors likely to influence the future performance of a designated investment or
its issuer; and
• Advice or recommendations based on those results and that analysis.
Investment Research is useful to:
• Individual investors
• High Net worth Individuals (HNI)
• Asset management companies
• Economic Analysts
Process of Investment Research
Investment research involves fundamental analysis, technical analysis, or a combination of the
two. Fundamental analysis essentially explains what to buy while technical analysis could be
used to decide on when to buy.
• Fundamental Analysis
Fundamental analysis begins with the assertion that the 'true' or 'intrinsic' value of any
financial asset equals the present value of all cash flows that the owner of the asset
expects to receive. Accordingly the fundamental stock analyst attempts to forecast the
timing and size of these cash flows and then converts them into equivalent present value
by using an appropriate discount rate. Once the true value of the asset is determined, it
is compared with the current market price of the asset in order to see whether the asset
is fairly priced. Those assets whose price is above the intrinsic value are said to be 'over
valued' and those whose prices are lower than the intrinsic value are 'under valued'. The
magnitude of the difference between the current market value and 'true value' is also
important information, because the strength of the research conviction that whether a
given asset is incorrectly priced will partly depend on this information. To determine the
intrinsic value, the financial statements of a company are extensively analyzed. Other
factors such as its credit rating, business model, competitor parity of the company are also
• Technical Analysis
Technical analysis involves the study of stock market prices of the financial asset under
consideration, in an attempt to predict the future price movements it may take.
Initially, past prices are examined in order to identify recurring trends or patterns in price
movements. Then more recent prices are analyzed in order to identify emerging trends or
patterns that are similar to past ones. This analysis is done in the belief that these trends
or patterns repeat themselves. Thus by identifying an emerging trend or pattern, the
analyst hopes to accurately predict future price movements for that particular asset.
• Combination Technique
As can be seen, neither of the two methods is comprehensive. A synthesis of the two
would be deal rather than any one, giving the investor information on what to buy and
when to buy it.
Apart from these two broad based techniques there are other techniques like passive
investing which involves investing in index stocks or funds based on an active index.
Credit Research Services
The importance of credit research in financial decision making has always been of paramount
priority. In the recent times, credit research has grown in importance owing to the various
events taking place across the financial world.
Credit research lets users establish:
• Key factors about an issuer's creditworthiness
• Credit rating of holdings
• Distinction between different risk exposures for new and existing deals
• Understanding of analysts’ interpretation of significant political, regulatory, and
environmental events and their impact economically
From international corporations to financial institutions, from utilities and sovereigns to
insurance companies, Global FPO’s credit research services aims to help your company achieve
all the above goals and much more.
Global FPO’s credit research services provide in-depth fundamental credit research with an
emphasis on market, industry and issuer analysis. Our credit research services also help
companies to identify credits and sectors that offer outstanding value in the corporate bond
Our credit research products
Global FPO serves both buy side as well as sell side clients. Some of the buy side clients we
serve are high yield / distressed credit hedge funds and proprietary trading desks. Our sell
side clients include fixed income / credit research sections of investment banks.
The typical output of Global FPO’s credit research services include (but are not limited to):
• Debt maturity profiles
• Legal structure profiles
• Risk profiles
• Cash flow model
• Analysis of off balance sheet exposure
• Business analysis
• Peer group analysis
• Capital structure analysis
• Operating model
• Ratio analysis
• Asset valuation
The Global FPO team of credit research analysts possesses good knowledge of financial
modeling and decision tools and can help you in the following:
• Fundamental analysis of the legal structure and the financial condition of current and
• Written watch or drop recommendations; systematic ongoing financial review of all
securities and issuers
• Define the interplay between credit strategies and their impact on business operations cost
• Keep an eye on developments in the regulatory, legislative, economic, and fiscal arenas
relating to securities and issuers
Equity Research Services
Global FPO provides authoritative and unbiased equity analysis and opinions for global players.
With Global FPO’s equity research services, investment firms can take a stand and focus their
efforts on client relationships and investment strategies. We have a deep understanding of the
industries and firms covered by our equity analysts which consequentially helps turn insight
We offer both buy side and sell side equity research services.
Buy side analysts and Portfolio Managers can benefit to a large extent with insights of these
proportions. Financial advisors and clients can use our detailed equity research in their
business dialogues and negotiations.
Our equity research analysts put in extra effort to provide a point of view on the fundamental
business characteristics of any firm. Our analysts are also experienced in offering valuable
reviews on the competence of the market price and the potential of price appreciation in the
near and distant future.
Equity research metrics
Our team of equity analysts conducts reviews and cross checks on many factors while
developing the equity research reports. Some of them are listed below:
• A systematic approach to fact gathering and due diligence
• Using standard methodologies for valuation and applying them to facts
• In-depth understanding of the company, its business, financial condition, and earnings
• Scrutinize sales and expenses in the income statement
• Analyze the cash and non-cash components
• Use tools to evaluate the cash flow, quality of investments, earnings, and balance sheets
• Scrutinize issuer characteristics like accounting policies, pattern of financial filings,
disclosure, and accessibility
• Analyze issue characteristics like seasoning, trading volume, volatility, dilution, inside
ownership and insider buying and selling
Quick KPO Solutions from Global FPO
At Global FPO we can provide you with quick KPO solutions that are both accurate and reliable.
Whether you want to identify the key opinion leaders in your field, get information on how
your product is positioned in the market, write a company profile or write abstracts, we can
help you meet your business requirements. By investing in competitor analysis, trend analysis,
syndicated research and competitive business analysis, you can get more insight into your
business and make informative decisions.
Our quick KPO solutions can give you a greater insight on your business
1. Key opinion leaders: We can help you identify the key opinion leaders in your field and
provide you with information on what they are saying about your drug. We also help you
develop a database of key opinion leaders that would include their profiles
2. Company profiling: The best way to rebuild your relationship with your customers is
through a company profile or an industry report. We can help you rebuild your brand and
your products by writing a persuasive yet informative company profile
3. Perceptual mapping: By analyzing how your product stands in comparison to your
competitors’ product, you can make better decisions on how to improve the quality of
your product and out beat competition
4. Abstract writing: Whether you require scientific abstract writing, legal abstract writing,
medical abstract writing or technical abstract writing, we can provide you with effective
5. Competitive business analysis: By conducting this analysis, you can better understand
your customers’ requirements and identify ways in which you can meet these
6. Syndicated research: Stay ahead of your competitors by getting information on the
market size and target market composition of your new product
7. Trend analysis: This analysis can give you in-depth information on customer trends,
price trends, trend patterns, market segmentation, fraud detection, customer churn etc
8. Competitor analysis: By conducting a competitive analysis, you can better understand
where you stand among your competitors. You can also get information on the key
strategies that your customers are using
9. Web research: We can provide you with market and industry information. Literature
searches, competitor intelligence and industry details are some of the web research
services that we offer