2. Did you ever see a thirty foot long, thirteen ton, black, white andslippery vertebrate mammal? If you did, it’s the Orca Whale. Orcas are oftenthought of whales because of their size. But actually, they are part of the Dolphinfamily, or the Delphinade. Orcas live in the cold, icy waters of the Antarctic Ocean.When they migrate, Orcas go to the Pacific, Atlantic or Indian Ocean. Orcas live inpods or groups of five to fifty five Orcas! Orcas have a fin half way down their backcalled a Dorsal fin. Female Orcas’ Dorsal fin can be one meter tall, while male’sDorsal fin can be taller than the average human! Orcas are the most, well knownwhales in the world; they’re also fierce. Orcas usually only have one baby in theirlifetime. When they’re born, they are about seven feet long and weigh up to fourhundred pounds! Orcas have a huge appetite. They eatfish, squids, sharks, birds, seals, sea turtles, octopus, whales and penguins. Eventhough Orcas aren’t endangered, we need to keep them alive.
3. Here I am with my Antarctic habitat Habitat• In the habitat there is mountains• There is also snow• There is ice bergs and water• There is food to eat such as fish, squid, sharks, birds, seals, sea turtles, octopus, whales and penguins• And of course, there is the Orcas
4. Baby Orcas Orca gestation is thirteen to sixteen months. Orcasare born as miniature adults, with black and white, slipperyskin. They are usually born in autumn, and weigh about fourhundred pounds, measuring up to seven feet! Orcas are borntail to head, so they don’t drown. Orcas usually only haveone baby in their lifetime. A calf will remain with its motherfor at least two years, then it is ready to fend for itself. Baby Mom An orca with it’s mother
5. Orca Rhyme By: Natalie Heath What’s black and white and thirteen tons? It’s the Orca Whale!What’s the playful, big mammal that lives in the sea? It’s the Orca Whale! What’s thirty feet long and migrates all over? It’s the Orca Whale! And somethin’ you wanna know is it’s a dolphin.
6. Saving Antarctica “Hey Nabeu,” I said “I want you to save the world.” “ WHAT!?”said Nabeu. “I want you to save the world. I can help you if you like,” Iadded. “Uh, yeah. Help.Great.” stuttered Nabeu. “Okay, first thingsfirst.” I said, ignoring Nabeu. “Let’s go to the library.” *** “Okay, so now we know Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, GermanRussian and African.” I said. “How can that help us?” asked Nabeu.“We are going to go around the world and tell people to stop pollutingand save Antarctica.” I replied. “That’s our job, right?” “Yeah.” saidNabeu. “We’re First Class, Super-Duper Antarctica Savers, right?”“Yeah.” said Nabeu again. “Let’s go then.” I said. Nabeu and I are still working to save Antarctica. You can helptoo! You can do things like reducing, reusing and recycling. But, youcan’t go around the world telling people to stop polluting until you’rea First Class, Super-Duper Antarctica Saver like Nabeu and I.
7. • REDUCE• REUSE• RECYCLE• COMPOST• DO YOUR BEST!