2. The Worst Pain Imaginable:
What do patients bring to the table?
e-Patient Connections 2010
3. Sometimes when you are
Looking at the big picture,
You miss the small, but
The unplugged IV,
The pressure ulcer,
The unwashed tray
The autistic mind…
4. Fred’s Medical Record from March 25th through April 22nd
at Health 2.0 Goes to Washington on June 7th, 2010.
5. A tale of two Binders
Fred’s Medical Record Freddie’s IEP Record
6. Accommodations must exist to help a patient or child have the best experience possible.
Accommodations do not exist just to facilitate work flow for the provider or teacher.
7. ―You know, for kids.‖
- Norville in the Hudsucker Proxy 1994
is like one of those blond girls,
that seem so nice
they open their mouth.”
~ Freddie Holliday 2009
9. Freddie Holliday center in the Child’s Play Mural
Painted August-Sept 2001
10. ―Nothing is as
black and white‖
11. ―Disease is a lot like that flower in the movie (Pleasantville), first it is just a flower
and soon the color is everywhere….‖ –Freddie Holliday III 2009
12. ―NO, no Daddy, not cancer! I have seen
those t-shirts! Race for the cure…
That means that there’s no cure
–Freddie Holliday III (10 years old)
13. How would you rate your
Is medicine suffering from ―temporary autism‖ or face blindness?
―…People who have had highly abusive childhood also do well; like stroke victims, the
had to practice the difficult art of reading minds, in their case the minds of alcoholic or
violent parents.‖- Malcolm Gladwell author of ―Blink‖
15. ―Mommy, is God using atheists to spread the word?‖ –Freddie Holliday III 10 years o
"That's part of your problem, you haven't seen enough movies. All of life's
riddles are answered in the movies." —Davis (Steve Martin), Grand
Canyon, from Frederick Holliday's e-mail signature