31 Book Marketing Ideas That
Will Help You Sell More Books
Tip #7: Your Business Card
Why Do You Need A Business Card?
• It’s the easiest way
for you to promote
your book and start
a conversation with
a potential book
Benefits of a *PROMOTIONAL*
1. A *promotional* business card is
DRAMATICALLY different from a regular business
2. Your *promotional* business card is a
memorable card that entices people to check
out your website to find out more about your
3. Your *promotional* business card let’s people
know immediately that you’re an author and
you have a book worth reading.
Insider’s Secret #1
• Remember the last time you came back with a
stack of business cards and couldn’t remember
people? Put your photo on your card or the
cover of your book!
• This is the most elementary, yet powerful
strategy if you want people to remember you!
Insider’s Secret #2
• On the back of you card, create an original
attention-grabbing description of the book
(see the example below):
• Are clueless when it comes to Twitter?
“I used to be the same way! It took me 6
months to figure Twitter out! I share the most
powerful strategies inside The Tao of Twitter!”
• Make sure to include the URL of your author
Insider’s Secret #3
• Make sure people can read your card ...
Avoid clashing colour combinations and
combinations that are hard to read (I cannot
read that card below – can you?)!
Your Immediate Action Step To
Implement This Lesson!
Your Action Step
• Do a search on
Google to get some
ideas of great
• This is a great
What’s the #1 Characteristic of
• They are
Brought to you by…
Krizia, aka Miss K!
Other Social Media connections:
More about Krizia:
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.