1. We prepare students for success back home and abroadScandinavian School of BrusselsGYM Students’ Evaluation2010 - 2013www.ssb.be
2. We prepare students for success back home and abroadThanks to our GYM students. . .Approximately 60% of our GYM students responded to this survey. Proceedthrough this presentation to see a summary of the results. Each question isanswered on a scale of 1 – 4 (1 – poor, 2 – needs improvement, 3 – good, 4 – verygood).In additional to these questions, students included many helpful comments.At SSB, staff, students, and parents answer quality assurance surveys each year.The results from these surveys provide valuable feedback to our administration andSchool Board when planning strategically for the future of our school.Your feedback is always welcome.Questions or comments? Contact: Kristy Lundström firstname.lastname@example.org
3. We prepare students for success back home and abroadValues and Learning Environment0 0.5 1 1.5 2 2.5 3 3.5 4Safety and security is evident in the school.Children and adults show each other respect.The school works to prevent and bullying and correctunfriendly behaviourThe school has clear rules for school work andbehaviour.I know how we work with the Zero programme.Adults react to rule breaking and give positive andnegative feedback.201120122013
4. We prepare students for success back home and abroadValues and Learning Environment0 0.5 1 1.5 2 2.5 3 3.5 4The school environment is goodEveryone arrives on time to meetings and lessons.The study environment is calm and harmonious.The students have influence on their learningsituation.The deputy head is available and provides guidancewhen needed201120122013
5. We prepare students for success back home and abroadSchool Goals0 0.5 1 1.5 2 2.5 3 3.5 4Students and parents are aware of the school’s goals.The students take part in setting the goals for theirschool workThe Learning cycle is working well as an assessment toolat SSB.The school’s assessment system and grading criteria arefamiliar to the students and parents.The period plan supports my learning processThe transition week supports my learning process201120122013
6. We prepare students for success back home and abroadInstruction and Learning0 0.5 1 1.5 2 2.5 3 3.5 4Teachers and students plan and evaluate the teaching and learningtogether.The working and teaching methods are varied.There is a high quality dialogue between teachers and students.Working methods with student involvement are usedThe students understand both content and context in the learningcycle.The students feel motivated in their work.The students’ ideas and own initiative are valued in the schoolwork.Students work actively and together and take responsibility fortheir own work.201120122013
7. We prepare students for success back home and abroadSchool Results0 0.5 1 1.5 2 2.5 3 3.5 4The school has good routines and procedures for followingup the student’s learning results.Students with special needs also improve and reachrequired goals.The school has good routines for documenting andreporting student results to students and his/her parents.201120122013
8. We prepare students for success back home and abroadStudents rate the highquality dialogue withtheir teachers as3,5/4!Analysis of resultsThe Upper Secondary students at SSB are very satisfied withtheir learning environment.In addition to this survey, the Student Council also led aqualitative evaluation discussion where every student had theopportunity to voice their opinions about the instructionalmethods and results. These discussions were student led. Theresults of these discussions were summarized and presented tostaff.There is a high level of cooperation between staff and studentsat Upper Secondary.