1. We prepare students for success back home and abroadScandinavian School of BrusselsClass 8 – 10Students’ Evaluation2010 - 2013www.ssb.be
2. We prepare students for success back home and abroadThanks to our 8 – 10 students. . .Approximately 88% of our 8 – 10 students responded to this survey.Proceed through this presentation to see a summary of the results. Each question is answeredon a scale of 1 – 4 (1 – poor, 2 – needs improvement, 3 – good, 4 – very good).In additional to these questions, students included many helpful comments.At SSB, staff, students, and parents answer quality assurance surveys each year. The resultsfrom these surveys provide valuable feedback to our administration and School Board whenplanning strategically for the future of our school.Your feedback is always welcome.Questions or comments? Contact: Kristy Lundström firstname.lastname@example.org
3. We prepare students for success back home and abroadValues andLearning Environment0 0.5 1 1.5 2 2.5 3 3.5 4Safety and security is evident in the school.Children and adults show each other respect.The school works to prevent and bullying and correctunfriendly behaviourThe school has clear rules for school work andbehaviour.I know how we work with the Zero programme.201120122013
4. We prepare students for success back home and abroadValues andLearning Environment0 0.5 1 1.5 2 2.5 3 3.5 4Adults react to rule breaking and give positive andnegative feedback.The school environment is goodEveryone arrives on time to meetings and lessons.The study environment is calm and harmonious.The students have influence on their learning situation.The deputy head is available and provides guidance whenneeded201120122013
5. We prepare students for success back home and abroadSchool Goals0 0.5 1 1.5 2 2.5 3 3.5 4Students and parents are aware of the school’s goals.The students take part in setting the goals for their schoolworkThe Learning cycle is working well as an assessment tool atSSB.The school’s assessment system and grading criteria arefamiliar to the students and parents.The period plan supports my learning processThe transition week supports my learning process201120122013
6. We prepare students for success back home and abroadInstruction and Learning0 0.5 1 1.5 2 2.5 3 3.5 4Teachers and students plan and evaluate the teaching and learningtogether.The working and teaching methods are varied.There is a high quality dialogue between teachers and students.Working methods with student involvement are usedThe students understand both content and context in the learning cycle.The students feel motivated in their work.The students’ ideas and own initiative are valued in the school work.Students work actively and together and take responsibility for their ownwork.201120122013
7. We prepare students for success back home and abroadSchool Results0 0.5 1 1.5 2 2.5 3 3.5 4The school has good routines and procedures for following up thestudent’s learning results.Students with special needs also improve and reach required goals.The school has good routines for documenting and reporting studentresults to students and his/her parents.201120122013
8. We prepare students for success back home and abroadAnalysis of resultsThe Lower Secondary students at SSB are satisfied with their learningenvironment. In particular, students are satisfied with the level ofinfluence they have in the planning and the methods used ininstruction.However, they express some concerns. Specifically, the students feelthat our Learning Cycle should be improved.This group has been particularly affected by the reorganization ofclasses in January 2013. Many students expressed in the commentssection of this survey how disappointed they were that the Norwegianstudents were no longer grouped together with the other nationalities.